Grimrock 2 impossible for some?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Azel

Re: Grimrock 2 impossible for some?

Post by Azel »

Soaponarope wrote:Azel vs Dr. Disaster: The Rematch!
LOL oh gawd I hope that silly freak doesn't quote hump me for 5 pages again :shock:

Dr.Disaster wrote:You still seem to have trouble with your attention span, especial in distinguishing characters and numbers. A missile using rogue is not a thrower barb or vis versa.
I neither stated nor implied that a missile rogue and a thrower barb are similar. You still seem to have trouble reading and thinking. As for attention span... you're the one who started off with the argument that Heavy Armor is over-powered due to being able to solo the desert without a heal potion... and then followed up with arguments stating that you cleared the desert with Light Armor and instead of using heal potions you used heal crystals along with "run, hide, and heal" tactics. If you had any sort of attention span then you would not have polluted this topic with that horrible train of thought.

Dr.Disaster wrote:I did insult you here? How? By pointing out that what you call "satire" is none due to lack of sense, something crucial for satire?
Oh my satire made sense to the initial target, Isaac. He responded in kind (and with disapproval of the meaning behind the satire); "smarts" just glides off your head like a lubed up turkey off a fat mans belly.

You insulted my understanding of RPG's based on a literal interpretation of my writeup. So of course, your only options are to A) once again realize you just volunteered your dignity to the community, or B) act as though I am the one at fault for not having sense in my satire. You took Option B... shocking.

And what's your excuse for taking minmay's joke as literal? You keep dodging that bullet because you would be hard pressed to say that his obvious joke wasn't obvious. You just keep hoping no one really notices your brain failed twice in a row in a very painful way.

Let it go or spam it up... what will the Disaster do? Hmm.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Azel wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:You still seem to have trouble with your attention span, especial in distinguishing characters and numbers. A missile using rogue is not a thrower barb or vis versa.
I neither stated nor implied that a missile rogue and a thrower barb are similar. You still seem to have trouble reading and thinking. As for attention span... you're the one who started off with the argument that Heavy Armor is over-powered due to being able to solo the desert without a heal potion... and then followed up with arguments stating that you cleared the desert with Light Armor and instead of using heal potions you used heal crystals along with "run, hide, and heal" tactics. If you had any sort of attention span then you would not have polluted this topic with that horrible train of thought.
We know since a few pages back that following context is not exactly yours. Can't help with that, sorry; you need to fix this problem yourself. If you dislike my "trains" of thought or can't catch up with them then why start more? Unless you want to be driven nuts ;)
Azel wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:I did insult you here? How? By pointing out that what you call "satire" is none due to lack of sense, something crucial for satire?
Oh my satire made sense to the initial target, Isaac. He responded in kind (and with disapproval of the meaning behind the satire); "smarts" just glides off your head like a lubed up turkey off a fat mans belly.
We are a bit delusional today, aren't we? This was Issacs response to your "satire".
Azel wrote:You insulted my understanding of RPG's based on a literal interpretation of my writeup. So of course, your only options are to A) once again realize you just volunteered your dignity to the community, or B) act as though I am the one at fault for not having sense in my satire. You took Option B... shocking.
Oh suddenly you want your "satire" be taken literal/serious while it wasn't ment to be that way? Trying to pull a flip flopper?
Azel

Post by Azel »

Dr.Disaster wrote:We know since a few pages back that following context is not exactly yours.
You accuse me of that which I prove of you; so when spam fails all you have left is "I'm rubber, you're glue"
Dr.Disaster wrote:Can't help with that, sorry; you need to fix this problem yourself.
There's no problem to fix, only more entertainment to be had at your expense.
Dr.Disaster wrote:If you dislike my "trains" of thought or can't catch up with them then why start more? Unless you want to be driven nuts
I called out a contradiction in your train of thought after your nibbled at my foot heel like an attention starved puppy. You screwed up with the literal interpretation of satire, I made fun of you for doing it twice, and now... Dr. Diarrhea spam. The only thing nutty is your intellect.
Dr.Disaster wrote:Oh suddenly you want your "satire" be taken literal/serious while it wasn't ment to be that way? Trying to pull a flip flopper?
Nothing about what I said suggests that; more proof that your brain can't register the written word. Then again, someone other than myself has proclaimed you ignorant and obtuse. You live up to it with unparalleled resolve.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Azel wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:If you dislike my "trains" of thought or can't catch up with them then why start more? Unless you want to be driven nuts
I called out a contradiction in your train of thought after your nibbled at my foot heel like an attention starved puppy. You screwed up with the literal interpretation of satire, I made fun of you for doing it twice, and now... Dr. Diarrhea spam. The only thing nutty is your intellect.
I see. You can't catch up so there goes the name calling again.

QED
Azel

Post by Azel »

Dr.Disaster wrote:You can't catch up...
... says the guy who had 2 different posters correct your literal interpretation of satire :lol:
Anurias

Post by Anurias »

If you want to use the 'train' analogy... the topic was on the east bound train and Dr.Disaster's thoughts were on the northbound train and no where did he state he was jumping trains until after he jumped trains and accused people of being on the wrong train. Odd how everyone else is on the wrong train and Dr.Disaster is the only one on the right train... (For the benefit of those that can't grasp sarcasm in text, the 'wrong' and 'right' are sarcastic.)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Anurias wrote:If you want to use the 'train' analogy... the topic was on the east bound train and Dr.Disaster's thoughts were on the northbound train and no where did he state he was jumping trains until after he jumped trains and accused people of being on the wrong train. Odd how everyone else is on the wrong train and Dr.Disaster is the only one on the right train...
I haven't seen you on the 'wrong' 'train'; it's still about 'heavy armor'. It's just our name calling dude who lost track as usual.

quick summary for those interested
SpoilerShow

Code: Select all

Azel comes along with some gibberish about RPG's and how "easy" LoG2 is going solo
-> me pointing out he's talking gibberish about RPG's and that LoG2 being "easy" or not while going solo 
   depends on use of OP "stuff"
   -> Azel declares his gibberish "satire" refering to minmay (who is much better at this)
      -> me and him going back and forth about his "satire"
   -> minmay asks for a rationale
      -> me giving one
         -> Azel jumps train, picks up a line and starts to compare a completely different party setup 
            (solo missile vs. thrower partied with three others)
            -> me stating that i used his setup with a solo thrower and he compared apples with oranges
         -> Anurias asks about my point
            -> me clearing up things
               -> Azel jumps train, picks up a line (again) and rambles about square-dancing in the desert
                  -> me pointing out that he's actually doing what he is accusing me off, 
                     his bad comparisions (see above) and he could do a video to support his claims
                     -> Azel tries to reason but fails to follow the line of lose context he build up,
                        then imagines an answer of Isaac (that never existed) to his "satire" and finally
                        he suddenly wants his "satire" to be taken literal or serious or whatever
                        -> me and him going back and forth until he's into name calling (again)
Azel

Post by Azel »

Oh no one needs a summary, you are the one clearly off the reservation.

It's not apples to oranges when comparing Light Armor thrower to Heavy Armor missile - the comparison is armor types not weapon types. I said it very clearly (Armor vs Armor), and even Anurias pointed it out to you directly:
Anurias wrote:Wasn't the topic supposed to be about the effectiveness of armor, not the difference between missile and throwing weapons?
Every one gets it but Dr. Disaster, as usual. Here you are 2 pages later still confused, still on the wrong train trying to point fingers at everyone else.

A proper analysis:

"Azel comes along with some gibberish about RPG's and how 'easy' LoG2 is going solo"

- Nope, I was using Isaac's logic regarding TeS against him. Using satire to show that Grimrock and TeS games are both quality RPG's. Dr. Disaster shows up and does what Rithrin said he's so good at, being ignorant and obtuse, and attacks my understanding of RPG's based on the incorrect assumption that I was attacking Grimrock.

"me pointing out he's talking gibberish about RPG's and that LoG2 being 'easy' or not while going solo depends on use of OP 'stuff"

- What you are saying is "gibberish" is a statement I made that using Spells like Force Field and Invisibility make Grimrock easy. And your counter to my supposed gibberish is that what REALLY makes Grimrock easy are things like... Heavy Weapons, Heavy Armor, Spells, Alchemists, Alchemy. LOL?

Here is the real exchange:
Azel wrote:Just like using Invisibility and Force Field in Grimrock, and even the Rage Spell for making things as easy as possible. It's entirely possible to do a single character run with all "hard" options yet still beat the game with ease - using simple tactics like kiting and hiding.
Dr.Disaster wrote:Yes beating LoG2 with a single character on "Hard Ironman" is doable but if you want to try this with all the OP things(*) put into the game you could also go with an entire party.
... (*) Heavy Weapons, Heavy Armor, Spells, Alchemists, Alchemy
So this is what Dr. Disaster really ended up saying:
It's gibberish to say that using Spells like Invisibility and Forcefield along with Alchemy potions like Rage somehow make Grimrock an easy game. No, the smart thing to say is that using Spells, Alchemy, and Heavy Weapons/Armor is what makes Grimrock an easy game.

Can it really be any more transparent as to how absolutely awful Dr. Disaster is at any form of intellectual thought? Gosh.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Azel wrote: .. false quotes as usual ..
Here is the real exchange.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Azel wrote: .. false quotes as usual ..
Here is the real exchange.

Linking to the source that I quoted from changes things how? Your brain seems to have stopped at "citation" :lol: