Finished playthrough My 2 cents

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Saice

Finished playthrough My 2 cents

Post by Saice »

So after 20 some hours what do I think?

As many have pointed out Firearms was a let down for me. To little ammo and no scaling made them a fairly poor choice.

AI like it for the most part it was a good improvement over LoG1 though still fairly easy to game but that is just what you have to live with in a system like what LoG uses. Over all much better then the first.

Mini Boss, Boss, and Special Boss fights? I loved most of them. But truth be told I out right hated the last too.
SpoilerShow
The dragon fight was a joke. Just summoning loads and loads of things is not a challenge it is grind a boring and annoying grind.

The trickster. Screw him and his fight. Depending on how you do that fight it is either the most frustrating thing chasing mirror images around and getting pushed into pits. OR its the most boring fight where you say in one of the rooms tossing ranged attacks and waiting lots and lots of waiting.

Both of these suffer from just being big fights with no special mechanics. At least the Cube from LoG had some fun with the whole adding then removing parts thing. These two guys where just Huge bags of HP in closed off spaces and lots of extra targets.

The Dragon fight latterly I just did a HUGE circle dance ignoring most of the mobs when I could.

The trickster I got so pissed at I just quit the game. Came back later and dragged that fight out for about 30 minutes waiting and sleeping in a room as a widdled down his HP.
I liked the open way you could go about the whole thing as you saw fit. I like that a whole large part of the map was optional Though it was not clear that it was which could frustrate people.

Puzzles were a mixed bag. Many I liked and enjoyed but as with all puzzle games some were obscure I had to brute force some of them. It seem the later ones in the castle and some in the graveyard and prymid had more of the ones I just slammed on face on until they worked.

I do not approve of making the big mystery
SpoilerShow
Of the relic be something you had to spot in the end cut scene.
I really dislike that 90% of melee weapons were STR base. Dex really needed some love It really was not until end game that my front line dex guy finely got a decent weapon. I know yeah yeah dual wielding is where it is at. But Knights evasion bonus works best with Dex based characters and if your going to use a sheild and be called a knight you might as well be up front in heavy armor to.

I loved the new rattlings

Still like LoG1 magic was a joke. Still really powerful. Still scrolls of totally uselessness scattered all over the place. Learned all my spells just by spamming the rune grid after every skill point.
I do like that spells are traits now that you can look up if you forget.

Over all I liked the game. But those last two fights are bad enough I will most likely not do a 2nd play through.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through