Change difficulty mid-game?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
bugnomore

Change difficulty mid-game?

Post by bugnomore »

I'm at lvl 8 on hard and I'm growing tired of the hp bloat and endless circle strafing. Is there any mod out that lets me lower the difficulty without starting over?
Sir Tawmis

Re: Change difficulty mid-game?

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Unfortunately not possible (without a serious hack/edit of the save game). Someone else had asked the same thing here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7749
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
bugnomore

Post by bugnomore »

Oh I see. Well he says the game got easier later, so perhaps I should just keep playing.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

The game has gotten way harder around level 8-10, most enemies hit for 50-60 damage against 80-100 protection, dunno how that's possible. Hopefully it'll get better.
bugnomore

Post by bugnomore »

Well it got easier for me at lvl 10. Seems I was exploring high lvl areas first (Stormbreach), then I went into the Bog and I could clear that without excessive circle-strafing. Maxed out my relevant damage schools in the meantime as well so should be smooth sailing from here on.

Read a dev quote that said only monster speed/aggressiveness is affected by difficulty, so apparently there's no HP bloat on hard anyway.