What do you spend your skill tomes on?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Baxter

What do you spend your skill tomes on?

Post by Baxter »

Just asking because I've had a skillpoint tome sitting in my inventory for quite some time and I can't decide who needs it more. My berserker could use it to get one point closer to heavy armor or even put it into accuracy or critical, or my rogue could use it to put a point into dodge so he can get level 3 faster and without having to take points away from armor or critical or what have you. My alchemist seems fine for skillpoints as he's maxed out ranged and alchemy is soon going to follow, so I can just put the spares into critical or accuracy, and likewise my mage seems fairly set as they're only going to need 5 fire, 3 air, and 5 concentration, which isn't too hard to reach with them being human with the +10% exp trait on top of that.

Any thoughts?
PSY

Re: What do you spend your skill tomes on?

Post by PSY »

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, but my guys are fine atm, so I'm gonna save it for a real emergency :mrgreen:

Cheers,
PSY
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Vardis

Post by Vardis »

I gave them to my mage, so I finished with 3 in concentration, water, and earth, 5 in air, and 5 in fire. Didn't hit 15 until the very end though, and I really only needed 1 in water since I didn't use the frost bolt spell once.
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

I give them to my guy that needs the most skills

Like, my wizard only needs fire magic, some air magic and concentration, so he's fine
But my heavy weapons barbarian needs armor, accuracy, crit, health and well, heavy weapons
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
Dematto

Post by Dematto »

:( I "wasted" a point on Con3. Not a total waste because I love the energy and the energy regen rate bonus. And it gives me 2 more, useful spells.
But I put it there specifically thinking Con3 was what I needed to cast
SpoilerShow
Dispel
I really should have checked the forums first.
Rithrin

Post by Rithrin »

My Tomes definitely went to the frontliners. Mages can get by with only points in their schools, and the Alchemist doesn't need much, either. But Evasion Rogues and Knights/Fighters need all sorts of skills like Armor, Dodge, Accuracy, Critical, Athletics, Weapons, and maybe a point or two in Concentration for Special Attacks.