Grimrock 2 Update 2.1.13

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
sapientCrow

Re: Grimrock 2 Update 2.1.13

Post by sapientCrow »

Even with maxed Earth skill plus Shaman staff the dealable poison damage wasn't that great so why that nerf?
I was wondering the same thing as I posted and asked the same question.
As far as I have read no one has ever said poison was OP.
FlashSoul

Post by FlashSoul »

Maybe it's not about those the players cast but those the enemies cast.
Vardis

Post by Vardis »

FlashSoul wrote:Maybe it's not about those the players cast but those the enemies cast.
I think that's it. Poison status from herder clouds doesn't last anywhere near as long, and I don't think it's because I have better resists.
Ichthyic

Re: Grimrock 2 Update 2.1.13: STUN

Post by Ichthyic »

The Stun animation is markedly improved (nice swirling stars!). Unfortunately, stun itself no longer works at all. you get the stun animation, but there is no effect on movement or attack.

I tested this with turtles, pirate rats, trees, wolves.

nothing was ever actually stunned... just occasionally got the animation (about half the time).

so, most definitely completely broken now. :(

sleep seems to work fine, both in the animation and the effect.
Last edited by Ichthyic on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dematto

Re: Grimrock 2 Update 2.1.13: STUN

Post by Dematto »

Ichthyic wrote:The Stun animation is markedly improved (nice swirling stars!). Unfortunately, stun itself no longer works at all. you get the stun animation, but there is no effect on movement or attack.

I tested this with turtles, pirate rats, trees, wolves.

nothing was ever actually stunned... just occasionally got the animation (about half the time).

so, most definitely completely broken now. :(

Just to check Ichthyic, you realize that Stun isn't supposed to paralyze things, right? It's just supposed to influence monster's cooldowns/attack rate.
I haven't tried the new version, yet. So I'm not sure/can't confirm. Just wanted to throw that out there on the off chance that you were looking for the wrong thing.
I believe one of the reds pointed out the intended function of Stun in a post about the 2hander with the stun ability.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

I think that's it. Poison status from herder clouds doesn't last anywhere near as long, and I don't think it's because I have better resists.
Duration of that cloud was proportional to the skill level. If those herders were level 5 skill in earth that herder boss would be much rougher.
Garcy

Post by Garcy »

Pretty sure this is a bug.. it is also really handy as well :P

*BUG*
Click mage's hand as if to fire a spell, leave it there and go into the inventory, put a torch into the same hand, exit. You can now cast spells in the hand which is currently holding a torch :)

Cheers
Garcy
Ichthyic

Post by Ichthyic »

you realize that Stun isn't supposed to paralyze things, right? It's just supposed to influence monster's cooldowns/attack rate.
nope. was not aware that's how it worked! thanks. pretty useless then. why not call it "slow" instead of stun? the effect (which is barely noticeable; hence why I didn't notice anything) doesn't last very long even.

would be far better to have 30% chance to really STUN for say, 3 seconds. make elementals immune. would hardly be called "overpowered".
Zaou

Post by Zaou »

There is still a problem with the poison cloud of poison bolt. I don't always win xp with it. It's strange because it work somtimes but not always... at first i thought it work with one poison cloud but not with several, but last tests prove me wrong. I just kill a two-group of wolves with a poison cloud (poison bolt origin) one of them give me xp and not the other :(
dancodan

Post by dancodan »

Zaou wrote:There is still a problem with the poison cloud of poison bolt. I don't always win xp with it. It's strange because it work somtimes but not always... at first i thought it work with one poison cloud but not with several, but last tests prove me wrong. I just kill a two-group of wolves with a poison cloud (poison bolt origin) one of them give me xp and not the other :(
Just a suggestion on this topic.
I wonder if the poison cloud works as a damage over time, where the damage (sometimes) is not calculated towards the player, but rather as environment generated.
If the tick (when the damage) occurs is calculated as generated by the party, they will recieve experience. But is the damage calculated as environment it will be lost
SpoilerShow
As with telefrags, when you kill something using a teleporter. It's actually the partys action killing it, but the damage isn't calculated as party generated, and gives no experience
One thing to get a monster to low hp and quicksave. After that cast a poison cloud.
If he dies on the first tick and gives experience, but doesnt give experience on the second tick etc, it's obvious that the diffrent damage ticks are based on different generators.