Grimrock 2 Update 2.1.13

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
petri

Grimrock 2 Update 2.1.13

Post by petri »

The game has just been updated to version 2.1.13.

Instructions and release notes here:
http://www.grimrock.net/2014/10/22/grim ... te-2-1-13/
Baxter

Re: Grimrock 2 Update 2.1.13

Post by Baxter »

I didn't see anything about changing the fact that Vitality and Willpower do not provide a bonus to HP and Energy upon levelup, so I'm assuming that this is intended behavior? At the moment if I understand correctly they provide +5 to HP for vitality and +5 energy for willpower, along with a slight increase to regeneration of HP/energy and a bonus to poison/cold resistance respectively.
petri

Post by petri »

It seems to be missing from release notes but yeah, vitality/willpower give a flat bonus to health/energy and affect regeneration rate.
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

petri wrote:It seems to be missing from release notes but yeah, vitality/willpower give a flat bonus to health/energy and affect regeneration rate.
I see, just asking because I've seen one or two posts of people claiming that it's bugged for not doing this, as it did in grimrock 1. Is the regeneration rate increase based on a percentage of your total energy/HP or is it a flat value per point?
crisman

Post by crisman »

Thanks for the patch! :D
I have this game from D1 and not encountered any issues so far, except for a wierd thing I noticed today: each time I save a game at a Crystals (I'm playing with hard-Ironman... baaaad decision for my first playthrough :lol: ), it will slightly sink into the ground... now this is my Sewer's Crystal situation:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mao7o4v97sssd ... 9.jpg?dl=0
BTW: I did two essences (after like 8 hours of gameplay), and for now it is an amazing game!! I really love it! Great job :D
eispfogel

Post by eispfogel »

For people(like me) with the GOG Version just follow these instructions:
http://www.gog.com/forum/legend_of_grim ... steam_2113

Works fine for me.
Mr WILSOOOON look i MADE FIRE!
Thanks for the laugh Almost Human :)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Just to get clarification:
Can this be applied to a previous save game? With only the items tagged as not applying to save game being stuck in previous form?
Will the embalmer pants make it into a previous save game?
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Looks like the patch has introduced new bugs :(
I've started a new game, and
SpoilerShow
in The Archives, the spider/pressure_plate puzzle seems to be broken. I've thrown rocks down the correct pits, and the door opens when the spider is over the pressure plate's x/y coordinates, even if it's one level above the pressure plate.
Also, there are two secret buttons that don't seem to open anything. Maybe I'm not remembering them correctly, but IIRC they should open nearby secrets, which doesn't happen.
Dematto

Post by Dematto »

Tome of Leadership benefits the entire party. Tooltip indicates it's all but the leader. Death function working.
Bug, or WAI with an older tooltip?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Why was this done?
– nerfed poison cloud’s poison effect
Even with maxed Earth skill plus Shaman staff the dealable poison damage wasn't that great so why that nerf?