Legend of Grimrock 3

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Dhomochevsky

Re: Legend of Grimrock 3

Post by Dhomochevsky »

Look what happened the last time we tried to make a DLC
Yes, LOG2 happens :lol: :lol: :lol: not bad Petri, not bad... you can try to make DLC anytime you like :mrgreen:
Don't worry, i understand your position. If you can do sometimes a little blog, only to say "hello!!" it's ok ;)
tantalan

Post by tantalan »

LOG 1 and LOG 2 were games which were much much higher above my expectations that I had, so I beleive that the authors have the ability to make a great third part of the game even without players advices :-) But I agree with some posts here. In LOG1 there was unbalanced skill tree - there were skills I would never use, because simply there were others, which were much better - usable, the skill tree was too large. LOG 2 seemed to me more balanced in skills and the options were smaller which was good but still LOG3 could have better optimalized skill tree. I would also like the possibility to use more spells I mean to invest points in more schools of magic so I could use more spells. This is all "the bad" about the game from me. LOG2 had cool new monsters - I loved, that new monsters had their "personality" - the jumps of the frogs was fantastic. Some enemies were small, fast, some strong, slow. Monsters were outstanding for me and all I would expect in LOG3 is more monsters with diffrerent personality. I expect more riddles - I hope authors have some ideas left, because the riddles in LOG2 seemed to me very original and new. So please a lots of new riddles in LOG3. The items were perfect in LOG2. Their variety was large and their occurrence (presence) was well balanced. Please dont make the game "non-tile based". PLease dont make any multiplayer or dont waste too much time with animations or the story. Just keep up the good work and make LOG3 :-)
billb52

Post by billb52 »

If and when there is going to be a Grimrock 3 I hope it will be a 64bit version to ease up on the memory constraints!
Maybe then we can use many more textures and items in the MODS....
Klausi

Post by Klausi »

Party banter!

I would like to choose a voice/charcter type like in Wizardry 8 for each party member. Each party member then would comment on situations, show emotions, even tell some kind of story. Best would be each combination of character types would create unique party banter, creating a unique atmosphere for each party. I would like to hear "developing love stories", in-party arguing, despair, funny moments, but even more character depth and background information.
Story writing and voice recording is not that expansive. Grimrock deserves this quality upgrade!
popbellypig

Post by popbellypig »

I would really like to see some Voice acted NPC's similar to the ones that appear in dark souls, quite mysterious and without a huge amount of dialogue options but give hints and story to the world rather than something more obvious like in elder scrolls for example.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

popbellypig wrote:I would really like to see some Voice acted NPC's similar to the ones that appear in dark souls, quite mysterious and without a huge amount of dialogue options but give hints and story to the world rather than something more obvious like in elder scrolls for example.
It's very unlikely this will happen and the reasons were explained quite good by Antti here.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
popbellypig wrote:I would really like to see some Voice acted NPC's similar to the ones that appear in dark souls, quite mysterious and without a huge amount of dialogue options but give hints and story to the world rather than something more obvious like in elder scrolls for example.
It's very unlikely this will happen and the reasons were explained quite good by Antti here.
agreed, which is on the other side quite unfortunate, I hoped for some real open-world with NPC´s, shops, quests etc...
BUT, from my view I belive Log 3 could compete with many other RPG "open-world" games, it could be even better with a good story and level design (you can always hire some people which have this experience). It is just matter of money at this state, question is if it is worthy or not. Hell... we are missing some good RPG game in dungeon master style with good graphic. Was there some since...wizardry ?
Well... I am curios if Log3 wil come out one day.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
petri

Post by petri »

Drakkan wrote:It is just matter of money at this state, question is if it is worthy or not.
It's not about money. LOG1 and LOG2 are how they are because of our preferences and vision of what kind of game we wanted to make. Even if we had 10x the budget, Grimrock games would not be modern open world (quest-based) games, which I personally don't find very interesting. In the early days of LOG2 development we tried to move into this direction, but found out we didn't like where that was leading us.

The best open world games for me are Ultima IV, Ultima V and ascii roguelikes, which tell simple stories on the surface but have compelling world and gameplay. Unfortunately translating these games into modern form is hard as you always seem to lose a lot of their appeal. The abstraction in these games is a really powerful tool for unlocking player's imagination. Ok, but now I'm starting to ramble...
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

petri wrote:
Drakkan wrote:It is just matter of money at this state, question is if it is worthy or not.
It's not about money. LOG1 and LOG2 are how they are because of our preferences and vision of what kind of game we wanted to make. Even if we had 10x the budget, Grimrock games would not be modern open world (quest-based) games, which I personally don't find very interesting. In the early days of LOG2 development we tried to move into this direction, but found out we didn't like where that was leading us.

The best open world games for me are Ultima IV, Ultima V and ascii roguelikes, which tell simple stories on the surface but have compelling world and gameplay. Unfortunately translating these games into modern form is hard as you always seem to lose a lot of their appeal. The abstraction in these games is a really powerful tool for unlocking player's imagination. Ok, but now I'm starting to ramble...
Well I have in my mind "open World" game but with classical square movement, like for example Might and Magic. In my opinion Log3 could compete this definitely.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

petri wrote:...
That is the most welcome sentiment I've read on any game forum all year. 8-)
[Glad to know it too; it makes it easy to look forward to whatever you fellows are cooking up next.]