Legend of Grimrock 3

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Sir Tawmis

Re: Legend of Grimrock 3

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Alino wrote: -More classes (I want an archer class. Okay? Okay.)
YES! An Archer (Ranger) class would be really nice. Because when I play, I typically have a rogue and mage in the back; the mage is fine with his spells; and the rogue feels kind of meh, chucking daggers, and rocks, and such. I'd like someone shooting a bow & arrow.
Alino wrote: -Balance classes. They don't feel balanced to me.
Which classes don't feel balance to you in LOG2?
Alino wrote: -Grimrock 4 announcement after the end game credits too. That'd be nice.
:lol:
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Alino

Post by Alino »

Okay, it's not that they don't feel balanced. It's just some don't seem as good as others. (Barbarian doesn't seem as good as Warrior and Fighter. Alchemist feels OP to me because of the regenerating herbs. Mage feels like a weaker Battlemage that just has more stamina/magicka.)

Although, that's just my opinion. I can see where Mage is good too because they can get a ton of magicka/stamina when compared to Battlemage. I just seriously don't get why you'd ever use Barbarian other than the massive amount of health.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Barbarian is better than Fighter and much better than Knight. It doesn't just have a higher health+energy total than every other class, it gets a large (well, large compared to other class bonuses) damage boost from the +1 strength per level. If heavy weapons actually competed with light weapons, then Fighter's faster special attacks might make it better in some very niche situations, but...they don't.

The difference between Wizard and Battle Mage is so small it might as well not exist.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
gooler

Post by gooler »

a Town or a village would be nice, with some talkable friendly figures and not just hostile monsters & villains! :shock:
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

gooler wrote:a Town or a village would be nice, with some talkable friendly figures and not just hostile monsters & villains! :shock:
Yeah, Alino had said something like where you can sell to merchants. Which wouldn't be such a bad idea. I kind of like that.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Azel

Post by Azel »

The next LoG needs to be in Virtual Reality!
nn23

Post by nn23 »

Azel wrote:The next LoG needs to be in Virtual Reality!
Oh yes, please!
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I'm not that keen on a VR dungeon crawler with step & grid based combat; preferring VR for simulation games. I do think it could be cool though ~for a short while.
Halluinoid

Post by Halluinoid »

I would be quite happy with LOG3 being LOG2 with a new adventure and some kind of "REPLAY" feature that automatically gives you a 10 second "REPLAY" of a battle sequence camera focusing on the party

THAT would really be THE improvement for me :lol:
Azel

Post by Azel »

Isaac wrote:I'm not that keen on a VR dungeon crawler with step & grid based combat; preferring VR for simulation games. I do think it could be cool though ~for a short while.
Last month I beat a pure VR Dungeon Crawler that is grid based:
http://www.crystalrift.com/

I had to square dance the entire time lol

That game is minuscule in comparison to the greatness of Grimrock, but being able to have monsters standing right in front of you, and trying not to fall down death drops that trick your brain in to believing that they're really there... it's just too glorious to pass up.