Legend of Grimrock 3

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Halluinoid

Re: Legend of Grimrock 3

Post by Halluinoid »

actually the Swamjp Toad can do that already

You think of a toad and from initial assessment it would seem to come barely higher than a mummy

if you get more than 1 of them, WHAT A BATTLE!! they can certainly jump over your team or jump across 1 side and come up behind or on one of the sides of you.
EynMarc

Post by EynMarc »

German Version. ;-)
Dragon_Warrior

Post by Dragon_Warrior »

* more spells (currently higher skills are only for 20% damage)
-- physic spells like push or pull maybe?
-- open air spells like lighting, rain, whirlwind or sandstorm (meteor storm or starfall like in M&M series could be too much ;) )
-- enchanting like arrows in G1 or even more permanent like in M&M6-7 - option to cnchant sword fith elemental damage for next X hits based on concentration, willpower or even new skill
-- trap spells like mine
-- gameplay spells or skills like 6'th sence allowing to get information about monsters 2-4 tiles from group or even highlighting items

* more levels but slower progress
-- its hard to be precise but in the early game - group seems more interesting on early stages than after maxing third and fourth skill ;)
Low level, survival based group gives more intense/immerse experience than fighting hordes of monsters... even if pyramid teleport to hordes of mumies was quite unexpected and fun... i still remenber that i needed more than 10-15 sec to see that this is not a cutscene but game tself and i need to run or fight :D

* another half step to old school open world crpg from dungeons only in direction of M&M or Ishar series
- maybe not 2d shops but something in between... something between shops and current golden key system.
To fit this great Grimrockish style of abandoned prisones - maybe a mine shaft with rope connecting group with the outside world or terribly unfair smugglers? giving them (at some point) chance to "trade" many goods for only one for example.

* some slow, long term map changes?
- freezing water allowing to move on surface
- Vines forming a ladders
- maybe even time portal zones that gives same locations with different entrances or consequences?

* enemy types
- non undead humans will be really nice present for modders and map makers
- ghosts?
- neutrals? like turtles but attacking only in deffence
- night/day only monsters that sleep or hide by other half of day (but still can be attacked or something)

* familiars summons for non combat purposes
-- small holes and fances that can be crossed for low switches and levers?
-- scouting
I knew that brings party models problem but for 1) it can be remotely controlled from party point of view or it can fave different perception and see group as shadows (or its own kind like imprinted animals ) or something like that.

and for definite NO and NO WAY:
- NO crafting
- NO rotation different than 90
Juri

Post by Juri »

How about 4 players coop(or less) where each player can control his own character and any time he can disband ally and go alone in another part of dungeon ? That would be really awesome and got more new players into game i think, that would need of course some scaling/difficulty changing in-game if someone join. We would just have option to acces only our inventory etc. Rest of the game would be the same except we could move away from our party and go alone in any time.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I'd be content with just the divisible [single player] party. 'Realms of Arkania' (a similar dungeon-crawler) had this feature. 8-)

It would open up potential for new kinds of puzzles and traps.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Isaac wrote:I'd be content with just the divisible [single player] party. 'Realms of Arkania' (a similar dungeon-crawler) had this feature. 8-)

It would open up potential for new kinds of puzzles and traps.
You speak the words of the CRPG Bible! (Realms of Arkania was my jam!)
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
1varangian

Post by 1varangian »

Have the devs ever completely ruled out multiplayer?

What I would like LoG 3 to be is the NWN of dungeon crawlers with infinite replayability.

So a 2-4 player multiplayer with mostly single party co-op in mind. Think of Bloodwych or Hired Guns.

Add to that with endless modding in mind:

- a more robust character building system (more builds and special abilities starting from level 1)
- a more robust combat system (defensive / tanking / tactical options for multiplayer)
- a more robust magic system (more spells and utility)
- i.e. more flexible game systems that are less tied to a specific dungeon where you control equipment progression for instance
- choice of starting equipment (not all adventures need to start as naked prisoners, and basic equipment such as longs swords and heavy armor don't need to be so much level restricted)
- maybe even currency and a store interface for upgrading equipment and buying consumables between dungeons
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

1varangian wrote:Have the devs ever completely ruled out multiplayer?
Multiplayer, I think, would make it an entirely different game. Because, LOG works on the fact that all four characters are on the same "square" for lack of a better word. You throw in multiplayer, and you're going to have people running all over the map at the same time.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
1varangian

Post by 1varangian »

Party based multiplayer that would encourage teamwork. How?

- class roles: tank, support, dps, controller... run off alone and you get killed
- puzzles that require teamwork to solve
- free individual movement but 4 players could also occupy the same square when needed (and move freely through eachother)
- backstabbing and flanking would actually make sense if you could sneak around the mobs while the tank holds them

It would make a different game.. one that would be exponentially more fun. Bloodwych proved the formula already in the 90s.. crude graphics, no mods/editor, clumsy gameplay and still we replayed it endlessly with my mates. :)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

1varangian wrote:- class roles: tank, support, dps, controller... run off alone and you get killed
- free individual movement but 4 players could also occupy the same square when needed (and move freely through eachother)
- backstabbing and flanking would actually make sense if you could sneak around the mobs while the tank holds them
That sounds a lot like World of Warcraft brawling to me, not LoG.
1varangian wrote:- puzzles that require teamwork to solve
This is the only valid point yet i doubt that multiplayer will be a satisfying solution here.

Puzzles that require teamwork to solve like pressing several switches at the exact same moment also require precise timing. That can get pretty tricky even with tools like Teamspeak simply due to signal run time. Having one or even several seconds of communication delay is not uncommon even when all your partners are close by.

Having the ability to split the party and control all characters via split screens makes a lot more sense to me.