Legend of Grimrock 3

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Zo Kath Ra

Legend of Grimrock 3

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

While we're waiting for LoG 2 and speculating about it, we might as well speculate about LoG 3 :D

LoG 2 has some genuinely new features compared to LoG, like
- outdoor areas
- sloping ground (the beach scene with the rock golem)
- floors above floors

Other than making the game not tile based, what completely new features could be added to LoG3?
Boronguy

Re: Legend of Grimrock 3

Post by Boronguy »

Well since log2 adds a third dimension to the map (you can now move up and down imstead of just change to a different 2d map plain, It would only be LOGical if log 3 adds a fourth dimension wich you can move through
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Zo Kath Ra wrote:Other than making the game not tile based, what completely new features could be added to LoG3?
  • Range weapons that can fire on the diagonal.
  • Trap Spells. Delayed Fireball; wards of paralysis/ blinding/ terror.
  • Interactive obstructions and hazards... like a slime pit/bog that kills if fallen into, but can be frozen solid on the top by a cold spell, and walked across; for a short while.
  • Levitation, shrink/enlarge, spells to ~for instance, climb into a drain and out the other side somewhere else.
  • Summoning spells for special attacks, and/or wandering allies.
    (Special attacks like a swarm of Hornets; or spawning a dropkicking Imp; that fades after the attack.)
  • Split parties. Like in Realms of Arkania.
    (Puzzles that require split parties!)
  • Fearful/obstinate NPC's that may decide to split from the party due to terror spell; or fear of a location.
  • Intra-party combat... either from a shady NPC deciding to betray, or wandering doppelgängers in the maze.
  • Monsters (like the Ogre), that attack more than one square at a time.
eispfogel

Post by eispfogel »

Key based attacks. At the moment you still have to click on the icons to engage a fight.
I would like to press a button to start magic which could use the numblock(some keyboards and some notebooks still have that!).

So it could be done like press 1 to 4 for the primary attacks and then R-T and F-G for secondary attacks.

Or maybe prepare some magic spells before combat which also could be hotkeyed. Depending of the level of the character you could start with ...say prepare 3 spells at the beginning. That could be 2 attack spells and 1 healing spell.
Mr WILSOOOON look i MADE FIRE!
Thanks for the laugh Almost Human :)
jwdenzel

Post by jwdenzel »

Please never make it non-tile based.
Jaufre

Post by Jaufre »

jwdenzel wrote:Please never make it non-tile based.
Irony at the internet does not always work. But you nailed it!
diceman

Post by diceman »

I want to see multiple Islands, with vastly different climate zones (Deserts, Snowy Mountain-Tops, Lush Jungles, Woods, etc.) and Cities and Towns with Inns and shops, like in the ISHAR-Series. And please, please, please, keep the story simple. I don't want to click through multiple pages of NPC-dialogue until I may advance. Some dialogue is okay with me, but keep it short, sweet and straightforward.
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

just make LOG III :)

I dream of a multiplayer game, with a good story, and something you can play with your friends... (maybe a mix of d&d, heroquest, descent... all those tabletops dungeon grawling games are not so far grom LOG, in a way...)

:twisted:
ad&d / ff / d&d
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

pulpum wrote:just make LOG III :)

I dream of a multiplayer game, with a good story, and something you can play with your friends... (maybe a mix of d&d, heroquest, descent... all those tabletops dungeon grawling games are not so far grom LOG, in a way...)

Not sure how Multiplayer would work in a Dungeon Crawl. Who commands which way the party is going to go in such an instance?

(And great avatar by the way! Remember all of those books fondly!)
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Sir Tawmis wrote:
pulpum wrote:just make LOG III :)

Not sure how Multiplayer would work in a Dungeon Crawl. Who commands which way the party is going to go in such an instance?

(And great avatar by the way! Remember all of those books fondly!)
Realms of Arkania let the party split up.