Please do something about the spiders :(

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Gekkibi

Re: Please do something about the spiders :(

Post by Gekkibi »

Leki wrote:New game, old song... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=137

Removing spiders is very problematic. Imagine situation - there can be ingame puzzles based on spiders or recipes based on spider venom etc. Replacing models - I understand that the problem can by in visual, but some people have problem with spider sounds as well so you have to replace sounds as well etc. Spiders has some attributes and they are balanced for specific part of the game, so you cannot replace them easily by another monster, let me say snail, because it will disbalance the game. You have to create new monster who will take their place with all dependences etc.
By removing the monsters completely would take big part of the game away. That's not optimal, and because of this the method some used in Grimrock 1 is not very good (a console command that despawned already spawned spiders). The best method would be to replace both the model and the sounds. Antti mentioned this in his post (2nd one in the thread). Naturally replaced model will create silly situations just like replaced spiders in Skyrim cause (not sure if scary or hilarious, but a bear coming down from the ceiling sure is bizarre...). But this is something everyone has to choose: either see the spiders or see something completely absurd: Poisonous bears...
Leki wrote:As I'm sure, you know well, that the same problem was in Skyrim and it was solved by modders when they replaced spiders by bears. Developer like Bathesda wasn't able to solve/ignored this kind of requests, so there is no reason to ask AH for that - only if you wanna play troll or retard in front of comunity. AH is a small studio and although they do they best, they cannot handle all requests we have - and believe to me, solving arachnophobic players problems has lowest priority.
I'm not demanding the developers to add it. I'm asking them. If it is possible and not too much of a hassle then it would be a nice community service. I can understand if they can't add it, and in that case have to wait for a modder to solve this problem.
Mychaelh

Post by Mychaelh »

If AH or modders start to consider about this, they should do it only after they have implemented some option to change the party-icons on the right bottom to the left side of the screen. Even Windows has an option to exchange mouse-buttons for left-handers like me.
Just saying.
Gekkibi

Post by Gekkibi »

Mychaelh wrote:If AH or modders start to consider about this, they should do it only after they have implemented some option to change the party-icons on the right bottom to the left side of the screen. Even Windows has an option to exchange mouse-buttons for left-handers like me.
Just saying.
That would be a welcome addition as well. Not sure why this has to be implemented before another request. Because some have said that not all arachnophobes have problems with spiders in game, I'm going to point out that not all left-handers use the mouse with their left hand... ;)
Mychaelh

Post by Mychaelh »

Gekkibi wrote:... I'm going to point out that...
Yeah, almost saw this coming from you. :lol:
Mychaelh

Post by Mychaelh »

Gekkibi wrote:Not sure why ...
Because there are more lefties than arachnodingsbums. Even when you subtract sinistral arachnothingies.
Gekkibi

Post by Gekkibi »

Mychaelh wrote:
Because there are more lefties than arachnodingsbums. Even when you subtract sinistral arachnothingies.
I just knew this would come to this. How many lefties can't play a game if the point & click UI is on the "wrong" side of the screen..? If you are unable to play because of that then I'd say there's something wrong with you, and that's something else than just being a leftie.

But you're not serious about this because you use a word "dingsbums" instead of phobia.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Gekkibi wrote:
Mychaelh wrote:
I just knew this would come to this. How many lefties can't play a game if the point & click UI is on the "wrong" side of the screen..?
Do you know any lefties at all?
Gekkibi

Post by Gekkibi »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Do you know any lefties at all?
No, absolutely not. I have no idea who I am.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Gekkibi wrote:
:lol: then perhaps you should meet yourself more often
Gekkibi

Post by Gekkibi »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Gekkibi wrote:
:lol: then perhaps you should meet yourself more often
Please get to the point. Did I say something that contradicts universal Lefties Codex? I'm a leftie, I use mouse with my right hand and because of this I'm fine with the default UI. Few of my friends who use mouse with their left hand have said that in some games they prefer mirrored point & click UI. Only few of my friends would like to have that, and all of them can play games without mirroring the UI, and it's not hindering them.

Or are they not allowed to have this opinion?