Steam Pre-Download?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Jgwman

Re: Steam Pre-Download?

Post by Jgwman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:34 am

JohnWordsworth wrote:If you have a friend (or workplace) that has super fast internet, you can go around their house, login to Steam, download the game and then "Export the Game Files" to a USB stick. You can then load them up on any computer with a Steam account that has purchased the game without internet access.
Yeah, I have a laptop that can run the game and I can download it at a friends. That's what I often do, just thought it was worth asking.

JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 am

Still sucks that you have to live with such crappy internet! I thought we had it bad in the UK with an average of 8-10Mpbs. Now we've moved to Stockholm, we're looking to install at 500Mbps connection when we've found a place to live!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.

Jgwman

Post by Jgwman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:44 am

JohnWordsworth wrote:Still sucks that you have to live with such crappy internet! I thought we had it bad in the UK with an average of 8-10Mpbs. Now we've moved to Stockholm, we're looking to install at 500Mbps connection when we've found a place to live!
I would be so happy with 30 you can't imagine. But it's not really my areas fault, we just live a few miles off the road :D

Isaac

Post by Isaac » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:06 am

Jgwman wrote:
JohnWordsworth wrote:Still sucks that you have to live with such crappy internet! I thought we had it bad in the UK with an average of 8-10Mpbs. Now we've moved to Stockholm, we're looking to install at 500Mbps connection when we've found a place to live!
I would be so happy with 30 you can't imagine. But it's not really my areas fault, we just live a few miles off the road :D
I'd be happy with 2. "Broadband" in the US is not real broadband Internet. :(

Jgwman

Post by Jgwman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:09 am

Isaac wrote:
Jgwman wrote:
I'd be happy with 2. "Broadband" in the US is not real broadband Internet. :(

Well yeah, me too. I was contrasting with his 500mbps estimate - holy cow!

eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:56 am

I purchased LoG1 from Steam, and I think it was several months later after release (a friend recommended it to me). I have preordered LoG2 now from Humble Bundle. It says you get a Steam key too, which is okay to me.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)

whackangel

Post by whackangel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:28 am

Do you guys have any idea when will LoG2 will be available for pre-order on Steam ?

Jgwman

Post by Jgwman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:48 pm

whackangel wrote:Do you guys have any idea when will LoG2 will be available for pre-order on Steam ?
Just preorder from the devs. You get a Steam key, plus a standalone, and AH gets more money out of it.

whackangel

Post by whackangel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Yes I got that afterwards... I got confused because I was convinced that Steam did a pre-order operation for the first... Anyway thanks for the feed-back... now we wait for the 15th oct !!!

zeltak

Post by zeltak » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:58 pm

eLPuSHeR wrote:I purchased LoG1 from Steam, and I think it was several months later after release (a friend recommended it to me).
LoG1 had simultaneous release on steam, gog and directly from Almost Human. I can of course recall incorrectly, but I have a memory that I was surprised about the great distribution (I ended up buying from everyone of them to support AH :P )