7 Character Classes

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Sarumorpheus

Re: 7 Character Classes

Post by Sarumorpheus » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:06 pm

The more classes, the merrier!

This is just a guess, really, but I'm thinking the classes will be something among these lines:

- Warrior (which can be subspecced into a knight, berserker, etc.)

- Mage (with the option to choose the character's speciality, namely fire, earth, ice, or air, or perhaps even 2 out of these 4)

- Rogue/Assassin/Thief (similar to the first game, minus the ranged weaponry. Rogues would be able to stand in the front line with good evasion, or stay at the back to backstab and/or throw projectiles)

- Ranger (I believe a ranger-type class will come to be, which can be specialized in different types of ranged weapons, such as bows, crossbows or guns. However, it may also be possible to have two ranger classes: a bowman class that only uses bows and crossbows AND a gunsman class that only uses guns. /shrug)

- Engineer/Tinkerer (a tinkerer class does not seem unlikely to me, especially since in the ratling description you get some information that they make good ones. Maybe they are able to craft items, like bombs and skeleton-keys, reverse-engineer objects to get parts and schematics, and so forth)

- Healer/Support (a support class seems possible as well, to cast healing spells, strength buffs, and the sort. Maybe this class has bonuses to cooking/brewing potions)

- Dark Caster (this one is purely a shot in the dark, but perhaps another class is a warlock/necromancer-type one. Basically, a mage with darker intents)

--

Whatever the real classes are, I'm sure I'll be more than happy, especially considering that you may optimize them differently, allowing very versatile gameplay!

Lostedge

Post by Lostedge » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:48 pm

In the official LoG2 art there are only mage, ranger, knight/warrior and rogue.

Komag

Post by Komag » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:21 pm

There's a couple more
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:24 pm

A healer/priest/cleric type seems unlikely since it would turn battles into the "tank the monster, heal the tank" model that was being deliberately avoided, and being a support class doesn't seem like a great idea either - having support abilities mixed in among attack ones is a better model.

Likewise, a class isn't really worth being a class if it's just a thematic spin on the same idea (mage / dark caster, for example).

I could see some functional options being spun off into their own class. An unarmed (or at least fist-weapon) focused class as opposed to it just being a skill line for rogues, for example, since you could build distinct things into it beyond "I punch stuff."

zeltak

Post by zeltak » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:42 pm

There was a preview article on Pelit -magazine about LoG2 and it mentioned that a default party consisted 2 warriors, an alchemist and a mage. So one of the new classes is an alchemist. And apparently one of its abilities is making two potions out of one ingredient. Sounds nice.

antti

Post by antti » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:09 am

zeltak wrote:There was a preview article on Pelit -magazine about LoG2 and it mentioned that a default party consisted 2 warriors, an alchemist and a mage. So one of the new classes is an alchemist. And apparently one of its abilities is making two potions out of one ingredient. Sounds nice.
We've actually tweaked this class ability since the time the preview article was written. ;)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry

Asteroth

Post by Asteroth » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:57 am

So that's definite confirmation alchemist is in I'd say.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250

Boeroer

Post by Boeroer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Cool. I'm looking forward to see the alchemist's skills.
What price the world? What? That expensive? Then I'll take a small coke...

Curunir

Post by Curunir » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:17 pm

I'll probably end up playing with my boring DPS Fighter, Tank Fighter, Mage, Archer combo again :(