Grimrock 2 release date, trailer and preordering!

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
petri

Grimrock 2 release date, trailer and preordering!

Post by petri »

Oh, boy, the cat is out of the bag! We are happy to announce that Legend of Grimrock 2 will be released on October 15th and that you can pre-order the game now for 15% discount at http://www.grimrock.net. By pre-ordering you will get a Steam key AND a standalone version when the game is released in October. And of course when you buy directly from us, you support us the most as there are fewer middle men involved who want to get their share.

If you for some strange reason don't have Legend of Grimrock 1 yet, now's a perfect chance to buy both Grimrock 1 & 2 bundled together for a special discount.

We have also released a new trailer today. Check it out!

Needless to say this is a huge milestone for us. We have worked so long and so hard on the sequel (and are still working harder than ever), because we want to meet your high expectations. Betatesting is also progressing well and we are fixing the remaining bugs and balancing the game. In fact, I should get back to coding now!

So who's excited!? What do you think about the new trailer?
andyroosta

Re: Grimrock 2 release date, trailer and preordering!

Post by andyroosta »

Easily my most anticipated game of the year! Can't wait to play next month. The trailer was jolly spiffing!
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Wow, I am impreesed with new trailer and all new content. Good work guys, I am really excited and I am looking forward for ten of hours spent with editing new levels, hope editor will be the same good as the game itself !
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
VideoApan

Post by VideoApan »

Nice trailer, you seem to have spent some time on cinematics as well, the ship crashing into the rocks looks amazing!
The graphic feels a lot different than the strictly claustrophobic Mountain of Grimrock but I expect to be sucked in for more than the announced 20 hours. Much more I'm afraid..

A small question, I've already preordered the game long ago through the Grim Rock Live Action Campaign, do you know when we backers will get our copy of the game? (I'm hoping on the release date)
thomson

Post by thomson »

petri wrote:So who's excited!? What do you think about the new trailer?
I definitely am. I just pre-ordered my first copy of LoG2 :)

The trailer is amazing. Beholder-like creatures, jumping Zarchtyons, steampunky firearms, more tilesets than I could count, impressive castle, swampy, foggy forests. Thank you for writing such a beautiful game.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
petri

Post by petri »

VideoApan wrote:A small question, I've already preordered the game long ago through the Grim Rock Live Action Campaign, do you know when we backers will get our copy of the game? (I'm hoping on the release date)
We can't speak for the Wayside guys but we will deliver the keys to them on time.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

You just ruined the rest of my working day, guys, thanks! :D

Seriously, though, I have been following all your development posts and had a fairly good idea what to expect. Yet the trailer blew me away. The first game was the long-awaited revival of a genre I missed as a kid but always wanted to play. Shortly before Grimrock 1 came out I was actually playing Lands of Lore 1 in ScummVM and loving it.

The new game, with all the wonderful location additions and the great outdoors... It looks like everything I wanted from the genre, honestly. After the massive messup that was Might & Magic X Legacy, G2 looks like manna from heaven.

What really caught me offguard was that the new game will have an editor again. The complexity of the new type of environments led me to think an editor will not be coming this time around, yet, you delivered here too.

In closing, thank you for making this bigger, better version of your vision! My next paycheck can't come soon enough!

Best of luck and congratulations from Bulgaria!
petri

Post by petri »

thomson wrote:The trailer is amazing. Beholder-like creatures, jumping Zarchtyons, steampunky firearms, more tilesets than I could count, impressive castle, swampy, foggy forests. Thank you for writing such a beautiful game.
Thank you for pre-ordering and for the kind words!
petri

Post by petri »

Curunir wrote:What really caught me offguard was that the new game will have an editor again. The complexity of the new type of environments led me to think an editor will not be coming this time around, yet, you delivered here too.
Thank you! The new Dungeon Editor is on steroids, but still as easy and addictive to use as before. This time we even made the game ourselves with it, so the scripting features and possibilities are much more powerful this time.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

The pre-order on the BUY page is direct from AH yes? That's the one I used, but it delivers via Humble Bundle. Was there an option I missed, to buy it direct from AH?