GOG Galaxy and co-op

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Mr. Chip

GOG Galaxy and co-op

Post by Mr. Chip »

Do you think you guys could make some sort of way to play a co-op story in Grimrock 2, it could use GOG Galaxy but it could only require the optional client to play in co-op, I think it would be cool to have a co-op story, if you cant thats fine though, I loved the first Legend of Grimrock and I would like to be able to have that same experience with a friend, thanks for your consideration and good luck. :D
eLPuSHeR

Re: GOG Galaxy and co-op

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I think multiplayer is beyond the scope of LoG and it might be very hard to implement, but who knows, maybe the developers surprise us. Then again if multiplayer support were to be added, LoG would lose a great deal of appeal to me.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
petri

Post by petri »

Co-op over the net would require rewriting the game engine and redesigning many aspects of the game, so I'm sorry to say it's not going to happen with LOG2.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Maybe a title down the road with co-op option is in order!
Hope you vacation was great!
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
thomson

Post by thomson »

petri wrote:Co-op over the net would require rewriting the game engine and redesigning many aspects of the game, so I'm sorry to say it's not going to happen with LOG2.
If you want to do an experiment, you may want consider including LuaSocket library and see what modder will come up with.

Personally, I think that dungeon crawler is intrinsically single player genre. How can you claim to be a lone survivor down in the dungeon, if there are hordes of other players wandering by?

I surely hope LoG2 and any following games will be a single player experience.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
Mychaelh

Post by Mychaelh »

thomson wrote:...Personally, I think that dungeon crawler is intrinsically single player genre.
First CRPGs where muliplayer Dungeon Crawls on PLATO-System in the 1970's. ;)
The PLATO games were built on a college campus using networked terminals. Given the setting, they weren't interested in isolated single-player gaming as much as a sense of community. Even the games that didn't allow cooperative multi-player still had leaderboards and discussion groups. The earliest CRPGs were thus, inescapably, multiplayer RPGs. Single-player games for non-networked computers had a more spontaneous generation as the PLATO CRPG era was coming to a close.
http://crpgaddict.blogspot.de/2013/11/g ... -1979.html
Mr. Chip

Post by Mr. Chip »

That's fine, I thought it would be a cool idea though, I LOVED Grimrock 1 with a passion, please keep making AMAZING games though and thanks for all your hard work.
isamu

Post by isamu »

I'm all for it if done properly. Maybe for LOG3?