Puzzles + Twitch?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Darklord

Puzzles + Twitch?

Post by Darklord »

What is your position on puzzles for the sequel? Are they very similar to the first one, are there still lots of twitch puzzles relying on fast reflexes or have you gone down a different route?

Also is there going to be a speed setting in the options to allow those who struggle with the twitch puzzles a bit more leeway?

Cheers,

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
petri

Re: Puzzles + Twitch?

Post by petri »

Hi Darklord! :) At the moment it seems that there will be less puzzles requiring fast reflexes than in Grimrock 1. My feeling is that all kinds of puzzles fit Grimrock very well, but the timing window for some of the puzzles in Grimrock 1 was really narrow, especially on slower PCs.

At the moment there is no speed setting. We could consider adding it if betatesters have problems with some of the faster puzzles.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Cheers Petri! Yeah see how it goes, I recall in Grimrock I was able to do the puzzles once I reduced my graphics settings.

Looking forward to it. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

petri wrote:Hi Darklord! :) At the moment it seems that there will be less puzzles requiring fast reflexes than in Grimrock 1. My feeling is that all kinds of puzzles fit Grimrock very well, but the timing window for some of the puzzles in Grimrock 1 was really narrow, especially on slower PCs.

At the moment there is no speed setting. We could consider adding it if betatesters have problems with some of the faster puzzles.

If implemented, would it be possible to query the engine settings in scripts? (Not just speed, but difficulty and screen resolution, to name two...)
dbarron

Post by dbarron »

I have a fast gaming PC purchased only in December, but I find that my reflexes and response times simply aren't on par with Grimrock I, the *only* way I can complete many of the very narrow window puzzles is to use a cheat engine to slow things down.

Course it might have to do with that I'm fast approaching senior citizen, but that doesn't mean I don't still like gaming, I want to buy Grimrock II badly, but I don't want to be unable to finish it until hacks come out...due to reaction times.

Take pity, add the functionality directly...noone has to use it if they don't need it. Or possibly tie it in with the easy/normal/hard mode as to how big the timing window is.