Welcome to the Grimrock2 subforum!

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
antti

Welcome to the Grimrock2 subforum!

Post by antti »

Hello you all!

If you want to talk about LoG2, or you want to leave feedback to us or if you have questions about the upcoming game, this is your place! Once the release gets closer, we'll open more subforums for Grimrock2 (like modding and tech support) but for now, anything related to the new game can be posted here.

Have fun! :)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
leewroy

Re: Welcome to the Grimrock2 subforum!

Post by leewroy »

Thanks.

Any idea when will be the release date? I can't wait to play :mrgreen:
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Any idea when will be the release date?
"When it's done".

Although, we could take a more scientific method.

log(2) = 0,3010299956639811952137..

which means.. 30. 10. 2029!
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Subforum!!! :D :!:

But to wait until 2029... I hope it will be worth it!
thomson

Post by thomson »

Yay for subforum!

As for the release date, this is not the first or the last time people asked. AH will be under a lot of pressure to specify it. Please don't. Release it when it will be ready. Sure, you could release and then patch it later, but majority of the gaming portals will review the very first version available. If the initial version has some issues, it may be more difficult to get new gamers on board.

However, have you considered doing pre-orders? There's more to that than getting money early and gauging potential interest (it's different this time. Now you know there's huge market for old school dungeon crawlers). People who do pre-orders early (lots of us hanging around here will buy it the first day) are dedicated fans and skilled modders. You can do a limited closed beta testing among them and you'll get the product thoroughly tested with a high quality, detailed bug reports. You won't have any troubles finding volunteers for that privilege :)

Speaking of the LoG2, I have one question for now. Do you plan to include more steam-punk style motives in it? It was duly noted that prisoners in LoG1 were delivered to the top of Grimrock by an airship, yet there were no further references to its technology. I got the impression that prison level was kept a secret and its technology was not known outside of Grimrock mountain, so that airship was the only reference to a widely known, semi-modern technology in Grimrock world. My suggestion is to not overdo it, but adding some technology oriented items occasionally could add a nice twist to it. Alternatively, you may do something similar to Arcanum, where you could choose a mage or technologist character development, but I doubt that would fit well into Grimrock lore.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

In all seriousness, they'll release it when it's done.

Good side is, they're good at getting things done, so it won't be "forever"..
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Komag

Post by Komag »

very nice to have the new subforum :D
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
FlashSoul

Post by FlashSoul »

Please take your time and do something awesome!

But don't take too much time, I'm so eager to play it.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Sol_HSA wrote:"When it's done".
That isn't true...I can bet that when it's done, there is still the beta testing stuff. So...I'd like to know. Every project hs his time to show of, even if something delays it ;)
petri

Post by petri »

leewroy wrote:Any idea when will be the release date?
We have an idea but we don't want to shackle ourselves with an arbitrary release date by announcing it too early.