Welcome to the Grimrock2 subforum!

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
eLPuSHeR

Re: Welcome to the Grimrock2 subforum!

Post by eLPuSHeR »

That sounds wise. It's better to take your time to get things done nicely.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

the simple idea that you already have an idea of a release date is fantastic. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

we are all with you, almost human! take care! :P
ad&d / ff / d&d
Ryeath_Greystalk

Post by Ryeath_Greystalk »

petri wrote:
leewroy wrote:Any idea when will be the release date?
We have an idea but we don't want to shackle ourselves with an arbitrary release date by announcing it too early.
One thing I've learned about creating happy customers is under promise / over deliver. Too many games now days over promise and then release early full of bugs that need squishing, usually followed by many pages of forum rants by dissatisfied customers. I think Almost Human is going about it the right way. When it's ready they will let everyone know.
antti

Post by antti »

Ryeath_Greystalk wrote:One thing I've learned about creating happy customers is under promise / over deliver.
Oh. In that case, I think we can promise that Grimrock 2 will be out in the year 2153 (note: release date might be shifted to an earlier date!). :D
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Ok, if no one gives a date, I´ll take a guess: near Christmas.

Let's see if my crystal ball is working well. :mrgreen:
DeDy

Post by DeDy »

Ha, guess that's what the release date. According to my calculations (3 new people) and has already shown to work and considerations, I estimate that it will be by March 2014 ;)
Nightfall: First Contact – http://dedy.euweb.cz/nightfall.html
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Great to hear that you're not fixated on a public release date and are focusing on the quality of the product.

A minor suggestion, not really worthy of starting a whole new thread for - but I think it would be cool when you come to 'expand' the LOG2 discussion boards around release if the 'Modding' (discussion about the editor and modding) and 'Mod News' (posts about released mods) boards could be separate. It's only a tiny thing, but it would be nice to be able to decide to read one or the other at a given time.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
antti

Post by antti »

JohnWordsworth wrote:Great to hear that you're not fixated on a public release date and are focusing on the quality of the product.

A minor suggestion, not really worthy of starting a whole new thread for - but I think it would be cool when you come to 'expand' the LOG2 discussion boards around release if the 'Modding' (discussion about the editor and modding) and 'Mod News' (posts about released mods) boards could be separate. It's only a tiny thing, but it would be nice to be able to decide to read one or the other at a given time.
That sounds like a good idea. The modding forum has been quite crowded.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Inkub0

Post by Inkub0 »

Hey!

have you thought about 3d cutscenes introducing new enemies? (just like doom3) or presenting new game areas? I think Grimrock 1 was defective in that way... :geek:
FlashSoul

Post by FlashSoul »

Talking about Doom 3, does Legend of Grimrock use stencil shadowing too?