legend of grimrock & grimrock 2

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
RayB

legend of grimrock & grimrock 2

Post by RayB »

Will 'The Legend of Grimrock' ONE & TWO run in Windows 10?
Dr.Disaster

Re: legend of grimrock & grimrock 2

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Aye, both do.

Yet i noticed that a first install of the Steam version sometimes does not install the redistributables coming with the game. No idea why this happens since there are no errors shown. In case this happens and the game won't start after a first install just run the redistributables manually. After that all is fine.
RayB

Post by RayB »

I don't really understand what you mean by redistributables. And exactly how do you run them manually
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Once a game got installed with Steam you can right-click it's enty and see a sub-menu with various options. One of them will take you to the "local files" of that game. Among those local files you will see a folder name "vcredist" or "CommonRedist" and inside those folders you will find the redistributable installers, usually called "vcredist_x64.exe" and/or "vcredist_x86.exe". Simply put those redistributables resemble software required by the game to work. If need be just run then once to get that software installed.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.