Is Almost Human closed forever? No chance of Grimrock 3? :´(

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
elcampesinow

Is Almost Human closed forever? No chance of Grimrock 3? :´(

Post by elcampesinow »

If the creators went on to Crtl Alt Ninja, doesn´t that mean the rights to Grimrock are gone forever?

Is there ANY chance of a Grimrock 3? At all?
Zo Kath Ra

Re: Is Almost Human closed forever? No chance of Grimrock 3? :´(

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

elcampesinow wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:34 am If the creators went on to Crtl Alt Ninja, doesn´t that mean the rights to Grimrock are gone forever?

Is there ANY chance of a Grimrock 3? At all?
There will probably not be a LoG 3.
But there are similar games, like https://operenciarpg.com/ and https://www.vaporum-game.com/

edit:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/gridder
elcampesinow

Post by elcampesinow »

Thanks for those links!
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Somebody probably still owns the rights. They might not do anything with them, though.

But I do hope there will be a Grimrock 3 some day.
THOM

Post by THOM »

"Owns the rights"? As far as I know Almost Human still exists.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I asked Juho about this in 2017, and at the time he replied that they were just not updating the website/blog, because they were working on Druidstone, and had nothing new to announce.

More recently, this is what Petri had to say about it:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18239&p=116800#p116800
petri wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:53 pm It's always nice to hear that so many of you enjoyed Grimrock 1 & 2 so much that you keep wanting more. Indeed, such requests makes us feel that we did something right. Thank you for that! But suppose we made Grimrock 3 and it was a success. What then? Grimrock 4? The thing is, life's too short to keep making just one kind of game. I don't know if you have noticed but there's a new game in the works... Check it out: http://druidstone-game.com
I have a feeling it's going to be pretty good! Druidstone is a spiritual successor to Grimrock games but it's a different genre, turnbased tactical combat, top-down and all.

This does not mean that we have abandoned Grimrock. It's possible that we'll visit the old familiar corridors later down the road.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Maybe it's hard to believe, but Grimrock is one of the most significant games in my life. Considering the amount of modules and the base games, I guess I can say they're the game I spend most time playing, more than any other.

So, of course I'd love to see a grimrock 3! Druidstone I checked on youtube, but it's not for me.
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Diablo 3 came out 12 years after 2

See you guys in 2026
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

leewroy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 pmSo, of course I'd love to see a grimrock 3! Druidstone I checked on youtube, but it's not for me.
Have you played Stone Prophet, or the Eye of the Beholder games?

Grimrock was certainly closely influenced by Dungeonmaster, but also EoB 1&2.

I like Druidstone, but I can see how many players would expect a different game than it is; it looks like tactical (Isometric style) RPG, but it's a kind of puzzle game. Its gameplay is about economy of movement, and there is no expectation of the player trying to clear the levels; the goal is not to defeat the enemies, but to accomplish the objectives.

The perpetually spawning enemies really ticked off a lot of players who took this for an unfair grind, instead of as obstructing impediments, either to be overcome, or avoided as need be in order to complete the mission objectives.

The game is won even if the party would all die on the next turn—so long as the objective is met. I found the actual combat very fun indeed. 8-)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Nope, my first experience with the genre was Grimrock. By the time it came out, 2012, I heard you all talking about games like these, and got many of them. Tried for a while, but nothing compares to Grimrock in my opinion. Maybe it's the graphics, the games are old. Don't think I'm a teenager, I grew up with atari 2600. But when it come to reverse the experience, it's hard. It's like giving a guy a playstation and then a atari 2600 ;)

But I appreciate your sugestions. Since I finished again LoG 1 and 2 this month, perhaps it's time to give'em a try again :)