Anything new about LoG2 for iOS?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
AEWHistory

Anything new about LoG2 for iOS?

Post by AEWHistory »

I figured I would bring the subject up as if doesn’t seem to have been broached in some time. I am just in the last quarter of LoG 1 on the iPad and I would love to play the next installment. I recall reading that there were some technical issues that needed working out, but that was 2-4 years ago. And I am fairly certain that the iOS version has sold well, but I might be mistaken. So any chance for LoG2 on iOS?

Many thanks!
Isaac

Re: Anything new about LoG2 for iOS?

Post by Isaac »

They are working on a different game—as part of a different company. Honestly I will be surprised if we see anything Grimrock related from them.... perhaps even ever again; but certainly not before their current project is finished.

https://druidstone-game.com/
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Isaac wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:18 pm They are working on a different game—as part of a different company. Honestly I will be surprised if we see anything Grimrock related from them.... perhaps even ever again; but certainly not before their current project is finished.

https://druidstone-game.com/
As Isaac said, most of the members are working on Druidstone...
And they discussed the issue of LOG2 to iOS over here:
viewtopic.php?p=95695#p95695
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

Thank you both very much! I’ll go to read the LoG2 thread now. I looked at the Druidstone page and, while the game looks superb, it is pretty clear that it is a Windows project first and maybe something else later....

That’s a real bummer since I really prefer playing on the iPad, but I suppose I could give it a shot. Too bad I can’t play on my Atari ST, like I did with Dungeon Master, but methinks the hardware might be a tad out of date now.... ;)

EDIT: okay, I had read that thead, but thank you still for bringing it back to my attention. I guess I still hold out some hope that they will bring LoG2 to iOS at some point, but it sounds like it isn’t a priority judging by where they’ve put their attention and whatnot. I guess I am a little surprised, but I shiouldnt be. I have heard that dealing with Apple is awful..... so why chooseto put your nuts in a vice when you can make just as much money without the pain? Unless you’re into that stuff..... I’m not judging.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

AEWHistory wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:18 pm Thank you both very much! I’ll go to read the LoG2 thread now. I looked at the Druidstone page and, while the game looks superb, it is pretty clear that it is a Windows project first and maybe something else later....

That’s a real bummer since I really prefer playing on the iPad, but I suppose I could give it a shot. Too bad I can’t play on my Atari ST, like I did with Dungeon Master, but methinks the hardware might be a tad out of date now.... ;)

EDIT: okay, I had read that thead, but thank you still for bringing it back to my attention. I guess I still hold out some hope that they will bring LoG2 to iOS at some point, but it sounds like it isn’t a priority judging by where they’ve put their attention and whatnot. I guess I am a little surprised, but I shiouldnt be. I have heard that dealing with Apple is awful..... so why chooseto put your nuts in a vice when you can make just as much money without the pain? Unless you’re into that stuff..... I’m not judging.
Druidstone is definitely windows... and I think you're going to encounter that with smaller, indie computer game makers... When they design for Windows first... porting to iOS or Android, can be costly (and more pain than it's worth, since some mechanics probably need to be changed also).
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

So I realize that I am resurrecting this very old thread, but damnit it is MY old thread. Anyway, my point is I am wondering if anything has changed in the past couple years. I have looked at Druidstone and it seems okay, though not exactly the sort of thing that really grabs my attention. Still, I will give it a try at some point. I am still hoping for LoG3 or even LoG2 on iOS…. Or just using the LoG core and allowing people to design adventures. Personally, I’d love that idea. Basically anything like dungeon master will float my boat.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

AEWHistory wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:14 amBasically anything like dungeon master will float my boat.
Vaporum II has been released; I haven't played it yet.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1161 ... _Lockdown/
https://www.gog.com/en/game/vaporum_lockdown

As for LOG3... Petri had this to say: http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p116800

...and I have not heard a peep out of him since January of last year; in the U-Mods thread. :(
Komag

Post by Komag »

Petri is active on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/petrih3?lang=en
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

AEWHistory wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:14 am So I realize that I am resurrecting this very old thread, but damnit it is MY old thread. Anyway, my point is I am wondering if anything has changed in the past couple years. I have looked at Druidstone and it seems okay, though not exactly the sort of thing that really grabs my attention. Still, I will give it a try at some point. I am still hoping for LoG3 or even LoG2 on iOS…. Or just using the LoG core and allowing people to design adventures. Personally, I’d love that idea. Basically anything like dungeon master will float my boat.
Druid Stone is a fun game; very beautiful. But it's also a very, very, very different kind of game than Grimrock.

I got Druid Stone, day 1 - and admittedly, have not beaten it yet. (Not because it was bad, but mostly - just like in general got in the way... ) And while it seems to have far more lore and story behind it than Grimrock did when it released, it is missing something for me. Or I just need to wrap my brain around the new style that Druid Stone brings. (I feel like that happens a lot... for example I loved Wizardry by Sir-Tech, back in the day - and, heh - funny, when they made Druid - Daemons of the Mind, I never beat the game, despite it had some interesting lore and such).