The Magic Gunner Hard IM-SUC Run

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Isaac

Re: The Magic Gunner Hard IM-SUC Run

Post by Isaac »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Isaac wrote:Doesn't that mean petrification is an instant kill?
It always is playing a solo character. Medusas always close in before doing their "thing" so melee is really dangerous.

Yet THIS is a ranged character so it's not really a concern, along with other "disablities" suffered during combat. Just stay out of range, avoid hits and you're perfectly fine.
The first time I ever encountered a Medusa in the game was up-close, after unexpectedly falling into a pit and hitting the ground next to it; crippling my PC's legs, and being unable to move the party, for being suddenly way over-burdened. :lol:
(This was an Ironman game, with single crystal saves; and at the time I didn't know if petrification was permanent.)
Yamatohime

Re: The Magic Gunner Hard IM-SUC Run

Post by Yamatohime »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Yamatohime wrote:But crits for 90-120 is not impressive
Nah, not impressive, it's just beyond anything a regular level 8 character can do with an Arquebus .. *facepalm*
Well, the damage from Arq won't change but I think it doesn't matter cause overall speed potion and Arq is really OP by now.

Isaac wrote:The first time I ever encountered a Medusa in the game was up-close, after unexpectedly falling into a pit and hitting the ground next to it; crippling my PC's legs, and being unable to move the party, for being suddenly way over-burdened. :lol:
(This was an Ironman game, with single crystal saves; and at the time I didn't know if petrification was permanent.)
I think kiting is an only option. Or crystal amulet.