Future plans for Grimrock development?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Firia

Future plans for Grimrock development?

Post by Firia »

Are there any plans in the future for development of more Grimrock content? Perhaps, an official expansion to Grimrock 2? Or perhaps starting development on Grimrock 3? (I know Grimrock 2 I still pretty new.) Sure there are other games of this type, but the Legend of Grimrock games just nails something perfectly. Perhaps it's atmosphere; or style. I'm not sure. It just hits me square in the Nostalgia, and I want more. :)
any6

Re: Future plans for Grimrock development?

Post by any6 »

I think they get this question daily :)

I sincerely hope content is in the pipeline but I'd rather wait for quality than have sloppy content now.

Let's just hope they surprise us soon with a glimpse into the future. I don't care if it's grimrock 3, an expansion to grimrock 2 or something else entirely. I'd even be happy with a grimrock 1 into 2 remaster or a master quest zelda-style.
Komag

Post by Komag »

any6 wrote:I'd even be happy with a grimrock 1 into 2 remaster or a master quest zelda-style.
Oh really? ;)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
ozthekeymaster

Post by ozthekeymaster »

A Master Quest!!! Oh my absolute God Yes!!!!! :D
Komag

Post by Komag »

There is a Master Quest for Grimrock 1 (it's a mod - quite professional quality in my opinion! :D ), but not for Grimrock 2.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
any6

Post by any6 »

Komag wrote:There is a Master Quest for Grimrock 1 (it's a mod - quite professional quality in my opinion! :D ), but not for Grimrock 2.
Hmm I actually meant to add the word "official".

I don't play mods, it's just not my cup of tea. Whether you guys release anything official tomorrow or in 5 years, I'll be playing it.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

any6 wrote:
Komag wrote:There is a Master Quest for Grimrock 1 (it's a mod - quite professional quality in my opinion! :D ), but not for Grimrock 2.
Hmm I actually meant to add the word "official".

I don't play mods, it's just not my cup of tea.
That can exempt you from some awesome content. You won't know what you're missing sometimes. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxkJxhH ... 5ubUbq7BDm
petri

Post by petri »

At the moment new content is not in the works. Juho and I are currently helping our friends at Remedy to finish their new game so there's no time to plan new projects at the moment. The gig lasts until the end of this year. Meanwhile the other guys are taking it easy and at least Antti is working on a small game called Flinger on his own. Starting next year I should have more time to start thinking about the next project. We'll definitely let you know when we ourselves know what's the next big thing! :)
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

petri wrote:Juho and I are currently helping our friends at Remedy to finish their new game so there's no time to plan new projects at the moment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Break ?
petri

Post by petri »

Yep!