[Feedback] The necessity of equipping some items before use

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
IanTheWizard

Re: [Feedback] The necessity of equipping some items before use

Post by IanTheWizard »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:50 am
IanTheWizard wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:38 am
Dr.Disaster wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:38 am That's unlikely because shovel is a one-trick-pony. Mortar and pestel is not.
LoG1 seems to respectfully disagree.
That's comparing apples and oranges.

LoG1 mortar and pestel was a plain container you could dump anything into. Pure try and error.
LoG2 mortar and pestel shows all ingredients in your inventory, ready to select for what you want to make based on your characters Alchemy level.
I'm not sure what your point is, but LoG1 already made it so that mortar and pestle does not require equipping to use.
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Regardless of preference, the game is 8 years old and the game's company doesn't exist anymore, so there's no point in asking for changes to be made
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

IanTheWizard wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:20 pm
Dr.Disaster wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:50 am
IanTheWizard wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:38 am
LoG1 seems to respectfully disagree.
That's comparing apples and oranges.

LoG1 mortar and pestel was a plain container you could dump anything into. Pure try and error.
LoG2 mortar and pestel shows all ingredients in your inventory, ready to select for what you want to make based on your characters Alchemy level.
I'm not sure what your point is, but LoG1 already made it so that mortar and pestle does not require equipping to use.
And that's what changed in LoG2. Their mortar and pestle requires both resources and Alchemy skill levels to use. Now by using it from an inventory the game can/does not determine the Alchemy level it needs to apply, especially when you run 2 or more characters with Alchemy. Which level should be applied? To make sure put it in the hand of the character you want to give it a go.
IanTheWizard

Post by IanTheWizard »

7Soul wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:40 pm Regardless of preference, the game is 8 years old and the game's company doesn't exist anymore, so there's no point in asking for changes to be made
Could you please elaborate? I just did a bit of searching on the internet, and information about Almost Human Ltd. which I could find doesn't seem to suggest that the company is closed.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Only one of the developers has logged into this forum this year, and it had been a year or more since any one of them had logged in previously. They fix the website when it goes down.

They have moved on; some to CRTL-ALT-Ninja. See Druidstone, and even this company seems a husk. Their web certificate has expired.

:(
IanTheWizard

Post by IanTheWizard »

Isaac wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:47 am Only one of the developers has logged into this forum this year, and it had been a year or more since any one of them had logged in previously. They fix the website when it goes down.

They have moved on; some to CRTL-ALT-Ninja. See Druidstone, and even this company seems a husk. Their web certificate has expired.

Well, what a pity. Many players have hoped for a Legend of Grimrock III. It's surprising that they would move on instead.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

IanTheWizard wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:03 am Well, what a pity. Many players have hoped for a Legend of Grimrock III. It's surprising that they would move on instead.
Many [~some?] of us still have hope, but it seems exceedingly slim at this point. I had hope that u-Mod support would get implemented for the GoG and direct sale versions of the game... But it has it been nearly two years now. It is still a Steam beta.

Petri Häkkinen, (the engine programmer), did directly reply when asked about making a Grimrock 3. [This was four years ago...]

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p116800
IanTheWizard

Post by IanTheWizard »

Isaac wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:29 pm
IanTheWizard wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:03 am Well, what a pity. Many players have hoped for a Legend of Grimrock III. It's surprising that they would move on instead.
Many [~some?] of us still have hope, but it seems exceedingly slim at this point. I had hope that u-Mod support would get implemented for the GoG and direct sale versions of the game... But it has it been nearly two years now. It is still a Steam beta.

Petri Häkkinen, (the engine programmer), did directly reply when asked about making a Grimrock 3. [This was four years ago...]

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p116800
So it seems that Petri Häkkinen thought it's not very meaningful to develop the same kind of game again.

Maybe that's because the story isn't linked. If there is a storyline linking the series, the developers would be very likely to have the motivation to continue the development. I would say that if LoG3 is ever gonna be made, the story could possibly continue from the end of LoG1 and explain the whereabouts of the escaped survivors (if they survived the devastating explosion, which created a massive crater).

Also, there could be improvements of combat and user interface, such as the suggestions I have proposed these days. The combat could even be made more realistic that diagonally attacks are doable. Another innovation could be introducing NPCs and dialog options so that different dialog options affect the outcome of part of the story or the ending. So I think there can still be reasons for making a sequel.
Last edited by IanTheWizard on Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

IanTheWizard wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:01 pm The combat could even be made more realistic that diagonally attacks are doable.
I agree; especially from Ogres.

Blocking monsters too:
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Isaac wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:47 am They have moved on; some to CRTL-ALT-Ninja. See Druidstone, and even this company seems a husk. Their web certificate has expired.
Yeah - it's sad that LOG and Druidstone both have gone quiet.
I actually reached out to Antti about the Druidstone certificate just now, thanks Isaac. Not sure if they will do anything about it, but just made them aware, as I am sure they don't visit the site there anymore.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.