Favorite Race/Class Combo?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Favorite Race/Class Combo?

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Sir Tawmis wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:
Xeuster wrote:Is it possible to play two games concurrently? I mean to start a new game, after the first one has been going a while, to switch back and forth to see how a different team works for you? Or does that wipe the first team out?
You can have up to 100 named save games on top of the quick- and autosave slots so in theory you can play 100 different parties at once.
But wouldn't that mean saving over the same save game? (Which, with Grimrock, I wouldn't recommend lol)
That's why i said "in theory". 8-)
Undesirable

Post by Undesirable »

FennerMachine wrote:I almost always have a ratling alchemist with mutation, endurance and missile.
Just been experimenting with 4 (four) Ratling / Alchemist w/ the Mutation and Endurance combo recently and it starts getting ridiculous towards the end.

Infinite attribute potions (four of them per 4500 steps) and another attribute point per level. Give the front two guys Dexterity-based melee weapons and a shield. Once their dexterity reaches a certain level from the attribute pots they will dodge everything and never miss, so no need for any investment in the Accuracy skill. The Endurance trait also allows them to carry heavy armour and consume less food. So you will not only have high protection at medium levels but also a high evasion rating once you get Armor level 4 and drink those pots. Infinite Protection pots, infinite Bear Form pots for the back row... brew Strength pots if you also want to boost chars using Bear Form once your front row is invincible. Brew infinite bombs if you don't have a mage.

Just the early game is slow and you have to walk around a lot to proc the crystal flowers. :mrgreen:
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Undesirable wrote:
FennerMachine wrote:I almost always have a ratling alchemist with mutation, endurance and missile.
Just been experimenting with 4 (four) Ratling / Alchemist w/ the Mutation and Endurance combo recently and it starts getting ridiculous towards the end.

Infinite attribute potions (four of them per 4500 steps) and another attribute point per level. Give the front two guys Dexterity-based melee weapons and a shield. Once their dexterity reaches a certain level from the attribute pots they will dodge everything and never miss, so no need for any investment in the Accuracy skill. The Endurance trait also allows them to carry heavy armour and consume less food. So you will not only have high protection at medium levels but also a high evasion rating once you get Armor level 4 and drink those pots. Infinite Protection pots, infinite Bear Form pots for the back row... brew Strength pots if you also want to boost chars using Bear Form once your front row is invincible. Brew infinite bombs if you don't have a mage.

Just the early game is slow and you have to walk around a lot to proc the crystal flowers. :mrgreen:
This sounds like a crazy powerful team. How far have you gotten in the game?
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

I like the following:

Minotaur Barbarian for the strength. Normally I go with aggressive head hunters that either use throwing weapons from the back row or dual wield light (strength) weapons in the front row. 2-handed weapons are easier to play though (less clicking, better specials, shields), but in terms of DPS dual wielding dominates.

Rattling Rogue for the dexterity. Aggressive and mutation traits. Duel wield daggers in the front row. Good accuracy, good evasion. Rogue armor and other dexterity gear. Focus on critical for back stabbing (after light weapons skill is maxed). Lizardmen make good rogue too if you prefer resistance to elements to mutation.

Insectoid fighters; good strength for damage and good willpower energy required by specials. Aggressive and quick for faster cool down since 2-handed weapons are slow, and of course you'll want to go with 2-handed weapons on a fighter for the specials. I normally have this guy in the back row, so no need for armor, accuracy at least 2. If you don't have alchemists this guy can do the job since there will be skill points left over (not used for armor).

Humans with skilled and fast learner traits are good for everything, but especially for jobs that require those extra few skill points. For me this normally mean wizards, alchemists and battle mages.

I don't like knights or farmers, but I suppose insectoids have the best attributes and traits for the former (chitin armor, good strength) and rattlings for the latter (mutation).
rakenan

Post by rakenan »

Human Alchemist is by far my favorite combo. I play my Alchemists as magic user, and a magic using Alchemist needs lots of skill points, which Humans just so happen to provide. Others may be more powerful, but I've yet to find a race/class combo where each aspect covers weaknesses in the other so perfectly.