[MOD] Ogre v1.2 final version

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
WaspUK1966

[MOD] Ogre v1.2 final version

Post by WaspUK1966 »

The final version of my game is now available on Nexus:

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/391/?

In this version:
** Several bug Fixes and tweaks
** Numerous game improvements (in play and layout)
** New Challenges!

Now looks and feels the way I intended it to
Fully play tested by me. Found no other bugs. If YOU do then
please let me know asap
Any feedback/comments greatly appreciated. If you like it, then
please endorse it on Nexus. Might encourage more people to download
the game!
Thanks
George
leewroy

Re: [MOD] Ogre v1.2 final version

Post by leewroy »

Hi. Started playing your module, while I wait for a good (and finished) mod for grimrock 2 :mrgreen:

I´m stuck in
SpoilerShow
the room you open with the pie. Got the stuff inside, but seems there is no way back due the teleporter in the middle of the corridor.
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi. Sounds like you are using an old version of Ogre (1.1 or less). The teleporter on level 1 was a bug that has since been removed. Please use v1.2 on nexusmods:

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/391/?

Version 1.2 has been fully play tested by me, and hasn't any bugs that I am aware of. It can also be completed (the version that you have with the pie and teleporter means that you cannot get out of that area due to a coding error, which was missed by me before uploading the game file to Nexus. I`m sorry for that). Also, v1.2 has numerous game changes, and now plays the way I intended it to play. So, please give the new version a try. As the problem you have in your version was very early on in the game, you shouldn`t have lost much playing time. Please note, due to the changes I have made in 1.2 (in level design etc), your old saves will not work, and you will have to start afresh.
Any probs/queries, please get intouch
George
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Ok, dude, I´ll try it :)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Well the layout really seems different. I could open the shrine
SpoilerShow
of death, putting the skull in the alcove
but no clue about the others. Even on the first version I could not figure
SpoilerShow
the patron of poor item
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

leewroy wrote:Even on the first version I could not figure
SpoilerShow
the patron of poor item
its a
SpoilerShow
tattered cloak
I am stuck now at the exit to lower levels, next to the teleporter back to the shrines. No idea how to open that grate.
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi, hope you are enjoying my game so far..
SpoilerShow
To open the gate to the room "Exit to Lower Levels", go west to the end of the corridor you are in. You will find a shield lying on the floor (if you haven't found it already), next to a wall with an empty shield hook. Put the shield back on the hook (Click on the hook with the shield until it hangs). This will open the gate for you. ps. any shield will do, so use one you don`t need anymore, as the gate will close again if you take the shield off ..
Any other probs, let me know..

Cheers

George
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Ok, dude, thanks. I´ll resume the game asap :)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Interesting Dungeon you created here.
I just completed or at least I believe I did.
SpoilerShow
Is there another ending since you can hear the child calling out for his father? I thought if I reloaded and dropped into 6 I would find something but I did not
The use of alcove secrets was cool and the gems on that last one was a clever riddle/puzzle.
It was nice to have resurrection as well.
The held item that gave willpower was an interesting addition to what I usually see in other Dungeons.
Thanks for making the Dungeon. I never played the other versions so...
I also liked enemies dropping different items even though they perhaps did it too often percentage wise.
I ended the game with a ton of empty flasks herbs and potions. However I usually play everything on hard mode and usually do not get hit by much of anything.
Some of those corridors were quite a challenge too.

I would add a recommendation for people for party make up. It would seem bows, magick and at least one person with armor is the intended party composition. Also Swords seem a priority over axe or mace even though there are maces/axe in the dungeon. There are no Daggers I saw anywhere. So that could be mentioned as well.
I also would of loved to see more puzzle/riddles like the gem one on 5.
I hope see more Dungeons from you int he future.

thanks again m8!
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Thanks for your reply and recommendations. I`ll take them on-board in the future.
SpoilerShow
As for your question. No. There isn`t an alternative ending. The credits "THE END", then "OR IS IT?", left the door open for a sequel. I`m working on this now. You play as Prince Urdril. Once it`s done, I`ll post the link on here. As far as the flasks/herbs etc goes, it`s hard to gage how many you need, really, as everyone plays differently. I played the game on normal level, and used most of them up (I`m not the worlds fastest at reacting, even when I know what`s going to happen since I wrote the game! lol!) I tried to make the game fresh and different from what`s already out there, and gave the game a religious type look, a feel of Good against Evil, hence the use of custom assets like the BIble, Sacred Sword, Sacred Armor etc, and the mention of various Saints and Church of the Holy Order. I will def try to incorporate more puzzles like the ones you liked in my next game. Yes, it was slightly sword biased, as you were using the Divine Blade of Retribution. No daggers, but plenty of throwing knives. And enough armor/weapons for the player to go in a diff direction if wished. What did you think of the Fire, Poison, and Frost spiders, and Lightning Snails? Thought they made an interesting change. And the Incinerator at the end of the game to kill Turkum? Did that work ok? Comments greatly appreciated.
Thank you once again for your feedback.
George