[MOD] Ogre v1.2 final version

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
sapientCrow

Re: [MOD] Ogre v1.2 final version

Post by sapientCrow »

I agree there probably should be a teleporter to get out of there.

As far as where you are stuck. i am not much help. I play so many Mods I forget the layouts pretty fast.
SpoilerShow
If I do remember correctly though you will need to find a door which takes 2 keys or 2 doors that take 1 key each.
The flooded area had a key if I am right...?
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

sapientCrow wrote: I play so many Mods I forget the layouts pretty fast.
Lol, same here :lol:

Yeah, I already have 3 keys.
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

leewroy wrote:Well...stuck again! :?
SpoilerShow
Took the other way I mentinoed in the previous post. I weant to a flooded dungeon and expled all the place. Found another key (now I have three) but seems ther is nowhere eles to go now.
The place where you fell down on the crab, did you
SpoilerShow
press the secret button there?
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi, Leewroy. Read your last post with interest (and a smile!). Flohaxn was on the right lines with his reply...
SpoilerShow
Yes, that trapdoor is a dead end. You cannot access the gate from that side. That was deliberate. Not a bug..The trapdoor (which is initially closed), was there for your convenience to get rid of the poison spider if it chased you into the passage. Pull the lever, and down it goes..You then close the trapdoor. And if you didn't kill the spider but just jumped down the pit (who would want to do that anyway?), the spider would eventually follow and you would be facing the crab and the spider and would die, either through damage or starvation, looking at a locked gate that you cant get through.. Just my twisted humour. Sorry about that! LOL!

Solution to your problem: In that passage, just past the trapdoor, as Flohaxn has just mentioned, there is a secret button on the wall. Press it, and it will remove one of the teleports in the chamber where you first saw the poison spider , and open up a new passageway. Then you can proceed..
Hope this helps

George
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Well, no. I never reached that secret button, due the fact I pulled the lever first, and only escaped the place via console. Now, via console I reached it and could go on.

Thanks for the tips guys :)
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

Stuck now on Level 5, the gem puzzle. I tried various combinations according to the scroll, but i cant figure out what the numbers on the scroll mean.
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi again. What do you think of it thus far? Are you enjoying it? In answer to your question:
SpoilerShow
there are 3 deamon heads, each needs 3 gems, yes? The scroll you found gives you a code and the order in which the gems are placed (left head, middle head, right head). The number refers to the position, the letter refers to the colour ie 2B means the number 2 on the code is Blue, 1G means Green is number 1, 3R means Red is number 3. So, for the first head, which is 123, the gems are placed (as you look at it) in order of: Green, Blue (in eye sockets) and Red (mouth socket)...and so on
Hope this helps..

George
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Stuck on the same place as Flohaxn.
SpoilerShow
If I'm facing the middle head, with a demon head to my left and the other to my right, what's the combination? If the fist is the head to my left, I followed your tips but it did not work.
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

WaspUK1966 wrote:Hi again. What do you think of it thus far? Are you enjoying it? In answer to your question:
SpoilerShow
there are 3 deamon heads, each needs 3 gems, yes? The scroll you found gives you a code and the order in which the gems are placed (left head, middle head, right head). The number refers to the position, the letter refers to the colour ie 2B means the number 2 on the code is Blue, 1G means Green is number 1, 3R means Red is number 3. So, for the first head, which is 123, the gems are placed (as you look at it) in order of: Green, Blue (in eye sockets) and Red (mouth socket)...and so on
Hope this helps..

George
ugh, that means i have to finde the one green gem i am missing .. and i already searched the level twice :(
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Hi again, mate: Read below to find what your looking for, and for an explanation of the Daemon head positions (seems to be causing confusion!):
SpoilerShow
The green gem you are looking for: Take the first corridor north from where you entered the level (by the stairs). Go through the door. Keep left and follow the corridor round (you pass a teleporter on your right-ignore it). Go through another door and keep right. You end up on a short, straight corridor with a corridor to the north. Ignore this one. Keep going right along the short corridor.About halfway down, on your left, is a secret button. Press it to open a secret door on the opposite wall where the green gem is..

To clarify the deamon head positions: Where the writing on the wall says "Feed me..etc", the head next to it, on the same wall as the writing, is the LEFT one. The one just after the door (on same wall as the door) is the MIDDLE one, and the remaining head (on the opposite wall to the MIDDLE head), is the RIGHT one!
Hope this makes things easier!

George