[Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.05

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Zo Kath Ra
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by Zo Kath Ra » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 pm

I'm playing version 1.04, and I've found something that could either be a bug or a secret.
SpoilerShow
Stand in front of the sign that says "The Adrian Wall".
Then move (without turning)
- 1 step to the right
- 2 steps forward
- 2 steps to the right
Now there are two alcoves adjadent to your current position, one to the east and one to the south.
The alcove to the east works normally.
But when you put an item in the alcove to the south, you can't take it out again.
I've tried putting all kinds of items in there, but nothing happens, except that you don't get them back.

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2845
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by Dr.Disaster » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Zo Kath Ra wrote:I'm playing version 1.04, and I've found something that could either be a bug or a secret.
SpoilerShow
Stand in front of the sign that says "The Adrian Wall".
Then move (without turning)
- 1 step to the right
- 2 steps forward
- 2 steps to the right
Now there are two alcoves adjadent to your current position, one to the east and one to the south.
The alcove to the east works normally.
But when you put an item in the alcove to the south, you can't take it out again.
I've tried putting all kinds of items in there, but nothing happens, except that you don't get them back.
I noticed that too and can tell for sure it's not a secret. I guess it's either a glitch or a bug caused by the 2-story tiles.

User avatar
Isaac
Posts: 2949
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by Isaac » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Confirmed. The South facing alcove accepts what you put in it, but nothing comes out out again.

Zo Kath Ra
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by Zo Kath Ra » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Please help me get the 4th party member:
SpoilerShow
Dr.Disaster wrote: Ah, just recalled another thing: the Remove Petrification spell scroll can't be added to the notebook.
Where can I find this scroll?

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2845
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by Dr.Disaster » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Zo Kath Ra wrote:Please help me get the 4th party member:
SpoilerShow
Dr.Disaster wrote: Ah, just recalled another thing: the Remove Petrification spell scroll can't be added to the notebook.
Where can I find this scroll?
SpoilerShow
In a secret inside the keep.

eLPuSHeR
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by eLPuSHeR » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:31 am

I just finished it with just 2 companions, doh!.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)

Zo Kath Ra
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by Zo Kath Ra » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Zo Kath Ra wrote:Please help me get the 4th party member:
SpoilerShow
Dr.Disaster wrote: Ah, just recalled another thing: the Remove Petrification spell scroll can't be added to the notebook.
Where can I find this scroll?
SpoilerShow
In a secret inside the keep.
The game tells me I've found 4/5 secrets
SpoilerShow
in the keep, so I guess the last one is the one with the scroll.
I couldn't find it after hours of searching. Please help!

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2845
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by Dr.Disaster » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Zo Kath Ra wrote:The game tells me I've found 4/5 secrets
SpoilerShow
in the keep, so I guess the last one is the one with the scroll.
I couldn't find it after hours of searching. Please help!
SpoilerShow
On floor 2 of the keep in the last 3x3 room before reaching the ogre is a secret button behind a tapestry. Pressing that button will reveal a hidden staircase leading to a crystal and a to-be-unlocked treasure room.

User avatar
RMariano
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by RMariano » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 pm

Cheers!! My time in this mod was well spent. I highly recommend everyone give this a go.


Thank you for a wonderful adventure. :)
Regards,

RMariano

mpuppetier
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by mpuppetier » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Great mod!
But i can't go on..
SpoilerShow
How can i open the door to go into the keep? I had tried all offensive spell against the "face tree"... but nothing happened

Post Reply