[Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.05

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Dr.Disaster

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.01

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Finished in 3:51 with v1.02 :D a full party of 4, all secrets (5+1+5) (stat page tells otherwise; seems one of the ruin secrets does not register) and 7 skulls; i've seen 2 more but could not reach them.

Skugg this is a very cool mod! It's more about story telling/adventuring than combat and there is a LOT of eye candy to see including the credits; they reminded me a bit of Star Wars 8-)
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

ahhh best news ever that you finished it without a crash Dr.Disaster :D (I was having a really difficult time reproducing the crash, it was getting frustrating)

I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad you saw the credits, the work that went into them was ridiculous.
I'm fixing the things you and others have pointed out, and will get it published again soon.

thanks for playing ;)
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
edemskicz

Post by edemskicz »

Perfect! And the new version (1.03) where is the download? (Nexus pls)
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Version 1.04 is up on both Nexus and Steam
Savegames will not work from older versions.
For people that crashed in front of the Throne Room and just want to continue there is a save file on the Nexus that's right outside the Room.

The following fixes are in version 1.04
SpoilerShow
- Throne Room crash fix - save games from earlier version will not work (was fixed in 1.02 and forward)
- Fixed a crash when casting Remove Petrification Spell after saving Clive
- Fixed spelling in dialogs.
- recreated Blakes Orb and the Glass Orbs so that they look different from the Orb of Radiance
- Secret Counter fixed, it now reports the correct number of secrets found.
- A script error was preventing the party to discover the Ancient Tomb, fixed.
Thanks for all the comments and bug reports

Skuggasveinn.
Dr.Disaster

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.04

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Oh there was/is an area the party could not access before 1.04?
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Dr.Disaster wrote:Oh there was/is an area the party could not access before 1.04?
yes, there was a small area with a custom weapon as a reward (like the Heartseeker, new model and all, but not a bow) that was unaccessable do to a script error on my part :?
Also (script error on my part again ;) ) a easteregg didn't spawn correctly, it now does.
maneus

Post by maneus »

Thank you Skuggasveinn for this mod. There are a lot of new fresh models and ideas that makes fun to play a Grimrock mod again.
After starting and playing till the ruins I´d a few things to say:
SpoilerShow
1. At the beginning on the boat there is no "waterflowing" sound to hear. The sound plays only on the right side of the boat.
2. By opening the door of the house you can hear the button sound. Maybe it would better to let the hidden button play a "door open" sound via Isaacs Custom button sound script? (Just an idea by myself)
3. By taking the clear orb from the tree trunk you can hear the hidden pit open. But there is no mechanical pit there but rather wooden roots. So I would open the pit immediately and let play a sound like broken wood. This would be more realistic in my eyes.
4. At the ruin entry the night sky with the stars are not everywhere above. Only there where the party can walk. So there are a few black squares the player can see from the ruins entry through the woods.
5. By destroying the breakable wall inside the ruin there is a "hit_wood" particle effect. But stones make dust, so a "hit_dust" effect would be better.
6. The entry with the destroyed door in front of the pit with the cloak is overlapped by pillars.
This is no criticism on your mod, only a few things which catch my eyes.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I have started playing this so far awesome module.

I have found a minor typo:
SpoilerShow
The description for the poison shield potion actually reads "Poison sheild potion".
Also, in the gamemap a lot of regular wall sections look like as if there were doors behind. Not a big deal but weird to me.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I have finished this fantastic mod. Short buy very nice. Thumbs up! 8-)

I liked it a lot because of its story/plot/characters and for being focused on exploration rather than on combat.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Skuggasveinn wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:Oh there was/is an area the party could not access before 1.04?
yes, there was a small area with a custom weapon as a reward (like the Heartseeker, new model and all, but not a bow) that was unaccessable do to a script error on my part :?
Also (script error on my part again ;) ) a easteregg didn't spawn correctly, it now does.
The entrance mechanism to the ancient tomb seems strange.
SpoilerShow
I need to throw two items and a bomb to open the gate.
It that how it's supposed to work?
SpoilerShow
and yes, it's a nice green bush :D
Ah, just recalled another thing: the Remove Petrification spell scroll can't be added to the notebook.