[Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.05

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Fagris

Re: [Mod] The Elder of Murwynd Woods - release version 1.05

Post by Fagris »

Skuggasveinn wrote:
Fagris wrote:... the water flask disappeared!
Ups !! :oops: you have found a bug, I just tested this and when you have one flask it disappears, if you have a stack of flasks it only returns 1 empty flask. Seems I have failed math again somewhere in this lua spaghetti madness ;)
Hi, here might be another one, which actually helped me a bit as I play your mod on "hard" level where monsters do some mighty damage to a Level 7 Ranger...
SpoilerShow
The crab in the royal catacombs sometimes gets stuck in a floor where it only spins around itself but do not hunt the party anymore.
So I lured the crab from the water flooded dungeon part to a stone floor (as only here) it suddenly stopped chasing and started spinning. So it was a bit easier to fight it.
This said, it doesn't matter really as it is hard for me to stop playing your mod, really enjoying so far (I am in the swamp right now...)
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

In Lythlin can you open the pit again, tried walking other monsters into the room.. looking for last secret and was wondering if it was down there?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Spathi wrote:In Lythlin can you open the pit again, tried walking other monsters into the room.. looking for last secret and was wondering if it was down there?
That pit does hold a crab and an item but no secret.
SpoilerShow
Yet the room of the pit features the mechanism for a secret.
podbelski

Post by podbelski »

minor bug: in the town, it's possible to open the door then instantly press forward at the same time while clicking the door again (while it is opening). So you enter and the door closes behind you. At least I reproduced this twice inside the tavern.

letting the door to be opened from inside probably will be enough
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

podbelski wrote:minor bug: in the town, it's possible to open the door then instantly press forward at the same time while clicking the door again (while it is opening). So you enter and the door closes behind you. At least I reproduced this twice inside the tavern.

letting the door to be opened from inside probably will be enough
That's an engine bug; it can be done in the official game. I think we fixed it for the OORR2, in Xan's room, where the player was not to escape from his room with his magic goggles... but it was a humorous fix in-keeping with his mage's personality.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

As it won't curerntly let me post on Steam, and because I want to share my thoughts on this mod, I'm posting here.

Okay, this mod was AMAZING! Loved it and will go back to it at some point to
SpoilerShow
find the other "crew" members. Only found the one and then I did find the girl, but in the end, she somehow didn't join the band of misfits and then I didn't bother with the last one... But I might give it another try. Also, it took me a while to realize I could open house doors... If I knew it sooner, it would have been better, but that was my own stupidity.
I hated the room with the opening and closing trapdoors. Hm... But in the end it was not too hard to figure out. Still, I would have maybe added a torch to that room? It was kinda dark... But on the other hand, at least it wasn't slowed down by a torch... So I guess it has both pros and cons.
And I loved the forrest setting. And the gigantic skeleton monster that was just lying tehre was amazing. Next time I'm playing it, I will make sure to rescue all the characters. I kinda just ditched the fourth one.
Oh, and I have a question as to the swamp area. Was there anywhere something on the floor? Because if yes, it wasn't visible through the water... So I would like to know. Hopefully there is nothing on the floor threre.
And one more question. For the orbs and the teleporting room. I mean, nothing wrong with it, it's not that hard to figure out, if a person actually reads the notes. But I want to ask if there are three orbs of all the colores? Also, if I use different color than the red ones, will it take me to some secret area or something? Or will it teleport me to a random spot on the map and therefore force me to walk all the way back there again?
Okay, I should probably stop.
But I did enjoy the mod immensly and if there will be any form of continuation, like the credits said, I'll certainly be looking into it.
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Thanks for the nice comments AnnElfwind, I'm glad you liked it.
No there wasn't anything beneath the swamp water so you didn't miss anything.
And yes the adventures of Blake Stormarrow will continue in Legend of Grimrock 2 like the credits stated :D

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
minmay

Post by minmay »

AnnElfwind wrote:
SpoilerShow
And one more question. For the orbs and the teleporting room. I mean, nothing wrong with it, it's not that hard to figure out, if a person actually reads the notes. But I want to ask if there are three orbs of all the colores? Also, if I use different color than the red ones, will it take me to some secret area or something? Or will it teleport me to a random spot on the map and therefore force me to walk all the way back there again?
SpoilerShow
There are 3 orbs of each colour. There are several combinations that work, and one does take you to a secret area; others take you to places you've already been. You will never have to walk all the way back because it will also create a return teleporter at the destination, just like it does with the throne room.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
PPanda

Post by PPanda »

Just finished my first playthrough. 9/10 !!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the experience! It was a little unclear what I was supposed to do at times, but really, it was very well put together and I really enjoyed it!
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Hey there Skugg,
Just finished playing your mod. It was a really great experience.
I really loved all the new environments. It was like a brand new game with all the different walls and such.
Story was cool.
I ended up with 11/12
The secret I missed was in the Keep.
Any chance you can or anyone else can run down the secrets in the Keep. I have been retracing my steps over and over. I even got the 4th and the spell.

thanks again for this Mod. Looking forward to Blake's journey in LoG2