[MOD] The Curse of Gothmog

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Dr.Disaster

Re: [MOD] The Curse of Gothmog

Post by Dr.Disaster »

severgates wrote:I'm stuck on lvl 7 (Crossroads). On lvl 7 I've closed left hidden pit (the one near the closed porticulis), put items on two pressure plates and pressed red button on lvl 8 but the second hidden pit (the one near visible pit) stays open and I can't find the way to close it. I've searched for illusionary/breakable walls or hidden switches on both levels with no effect.
This should help: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6671&start=90#p70878
severgates

Post by severgates »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
severgates wrote:I'm stuck on lvl 7 (Crossroads). On lvl 7 I've closed left hidden pit (the one near the closed porticulis), put items on two pressure plates and pressed red button on lvl 8 but the second hidden pit (the one near visible pit) stays open and I can't find the way to close it. I've searched for illusionary/breakable walls or hidden switches on both levels with no effect.
This should help: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6671&start=90#p70878
Thx! I've seen quoted post, but somehow missed an info about throwing something into visible open pit...
Onwards
severgates

Post by severgates »

I have a problem with
SpoilerShow
disposing of teleporter blocking the way to some kind of black sword or dagger (if I see correctly). I think I'm missing hidden switch or pressure plate. Location- lvl 10 near "shortcut", where you have to place green diamond into a wall to omit location full of teleporters with crowerns inside. After shortcut is an end of lvl 10 (stairs down to lvl 11)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

You think right ;)
SpoilerShow
Disabling this teleporter is a two-step process. When you encounter it first the teleporter is going steady. Find a way to weaken it. Then find a way to shut it down.
severgates

Post by severgates »

Dr.Disaster wrote:You think right ;)
SpoilerShow
Disabling this teleporter is a two-step process. When you encounter it first the teleporter is going steady. Find a way to weaken it. Then find a way to shut it down.
SpoilerShow
Please be more specific- I've searched whole floor for almost two hours of gameplay. Is the way to weaken and shut down teleporter is on lvl 10? More detailed info will be helpful
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

It's all before the shortcut.
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

Hi everybody,

I'm back online after months of work overload (renew of 4 certifications on new ISO/PCI/Health standards)...

First, thank you very much Dr. Disaster for your support to players!
:)
sapientCrow wrote:In any case that was like Dungeon Master 2.0 for me. Absolutely amazing and when I finally got to what I thought was the end it was like an entirely new game started up for me.
The use of the assets was amazing and the 2 items that added a new dimension to crawling and I have not seen in any mods I have played were just brilliant.
Thanks so much for creating this. It was one of the more challenging dungeons I have played for sure.
It kind of felt like when Kefka destroys the world and a whole new world opens up at the bottom.
This dungeon was also an amazing evolution from your Tiggy one. Kudos on that!!
Thanks thanks thanks!!
And thanks Dr. for the help.
Hope to see more from you someday Lex!
Wow, what a compliment!
Thank you very much, this award all the hours I spent on it.
:D
germanny wrote:Agreed.
Lex, your dungeon is awesome, it was a real pleasure to play!
It HAS that DM feeling.
So I did it: the goal is reached. 8-)
Thank you very much Germanny!

Best regards,
Lex
severgates

Post by severgates »

Dr.Disaster wrote:It's all before the shortcut.
Thx again, found second hidden switch and it worked. Is there a purpose to have magnifying glass in my inventory?

EDIT: Man, lvl11 is pretty hard.
SpoilerShow
I'm stuck- have 3 blue gems, can't access western part of lvl behind the pits guarded by 3 fire/poison shooting ghosts. I've opened the door behind the ghosts using Zo Spell, but don't know what to do next- I see some kind of receptor but shooting to it with missiles and spells doesn't work). I also can't get 4th blue gem visible behind the crates in western part (I believe it's connected with shooting ghosts area) and can't find the way in lvl 10 NE area (accesible by the stairs from lvl11). There is illusionary wall, but nothing seems to work there, red button on the wall is over opened pit, which I cannot close. Maybe some clues or hints pls?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

severgates wrote:Is there a purpose to have magnifying glass in my inventory?
let's just say it has a purpose
severgates wrote:EDIT: Man, lvl11 is pretty hard.
SpoilerShow
I'm stuck- have 3 blue gems, can't access western part of lvl behind the pits guarded by 3 fire/poison shooting ghosts. I've opened the door behind the ghosts using Zo Spell, but don't know what to do next- I see some kind of receptor but shooting to it with missiles and spells doesn't work). I also can't get 4th blue gem visible behind the crates in western part (I believe it's connected with shooting ghosts area) and can't find the way in lvl 10 NE area (accesible by the stairs from lvl11). There is illusionary wall, but nothing seems to work there, red button on the wall is over opened pit, which I cannot close. Maybe some clues or hints pls?
SpoilerShow
- when there is a receptor it wants a spell to do something .. perhaps you already did it?
- blue gem behind the crates: approach by an alternate route
- lvl 10 NE area: maybe more light will help
severgates

Post by severgates »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
severgates wrote:Is there a purpose to have magnifying glass in my inventory?
let's just say it has a purpose
severgates wrote:EDIT: Man, lvl11 is pretty hard.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
- when there is a receptor it wants a spell to do something .. perhaps you already did it?
- blue gem behind the crates: approach by an alternate route
- lvl 10 NE area: maybe more light will help
SpoilerShow
I forgot about Weaking Non-Material Beigns spell :oops: solved all described problems and have 5 gems