[MOD] The Curse of Gothmog

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
sapientCrow

Re: [MOD] The Curse of Gothmog

Post by sapientCrow »

wow I did not expect that at all!!
this mod has some seriously brilliant innovations implemented in it.

now the question is... are there many other spots that have that type of searching required?
ones that do not have a riddle that is.

I am at 61/74 now for secrets and was at level 6 going back upwards when I returned to the library for this one.

and thanks a lot for the help!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

AFAIR it's the only one. This secret was one of the last being added and without a hint it would be very mean to pull this off again.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Great. That is a relief.
I just got stuck with the Skull's Challenge. Feels like something is not triggering or I am missing something obvious.
And I am about to lose my mind with all the ticking.
I killed all the skeletons but found no keys. I see the arrows but I have no bow.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

The ticking means that the challenge is still running.
SpoilerShow
The challenge spawns several waves of skeletons plus one other monster group.
In case you killed everything that was spawned: check the remains.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Hmmm...
I picked up each shield and each falchion and threw it and there is no key and no other enemies are spawning yet.
Perhaps a random bug with a trigger?
I figured perhaps I needed to shoot the faces with arrows. I even tried putting shields and falchions at each corpse on the ground as well as ash piles.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Beside the shields and falchions the monsters should have left behind keys. In all my play-thru's they did drop.

EDIT: i've always used the versions available on Nexus to experience everything the mod has to offer.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Complete and with all 74 treasures!! (I had to use an unconventional method to find that book on 11)
And interestingly for some reason my statistic sheet states 73/74 even though the HUD print was 74/74 and the ending reflected all secrets in its message.

In any case that was like Dungeon Master 2.0 for me. Absolutely amazing and when I finally got to what I thought was the end it was like an entirely new game started up for me.
The use of the assets was amazing and the 2 items that added a new dimension to crawling and I have not seen in any mods I have played were just brilliant.
Thanks so much for creating this. It was one of the more challenging dungeons I have played for sure.
It kind of felt like when Kefka destroys the world and a whole new world opens up at the bottom.
This dungeon was also an amazing evolution from your Tiggy one. Kudos on that!!
Thanks thanks thanks!!
And thanks Dr. for the help.
Hope to see more from you someday Lex!
germanny

Post by germanny »

Agreed.
Lex, your dungeon is awesome, it was a real pleasure to play!
It HAS that DM feeling.
Dungeon Master Resource Pack worker and passionated Beer drinker
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

and thanks for your awesome assets Germanny!
severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi.
I'm stuck on lvl 7 (Crossroads). On lvl 7 I've closed left hidden pit (the one near the closed porticulis), put items on two pressure plates and pressed red button on lvl 8 but the second hidden pit (the one near visible pit) stays open and I can't find the way to close it. I've searched for illusionary/breakable walls or hidden switches on both levels with no effect.