[Mod] Stronghold of Daemurra

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Darsithis

Re: [Mod] Stronghold of Daemurra

Post by Darsithis »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Ehrrnn. No you are wrong. I had missed the sword of glutony beyond another teleporter...
SpoilerShow
The 4th one I think. that took me to level 7. ??? I was never able to open that gate. And that was the only teleporter without a shining shield. Weird.
I have arrived to level 9 now. What a big relief to be able to save... :mrgreen:
Oh so you got through the whole thing? Well I'll look into that teleporter. I may just remove it - I had a lot of trouble with it the first time around and almost did.

Level 9? Your favorite mace is there :D
SpoilerShow
if you want to find out Jandall's ending, go back to level 7. His secret is on level 8 *hint hint*
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Ok. I had to use console and cheat to be able to finish it.
SpoilerShow
After destroying the four summoning receptacles and killing the four uggardians, both doors (North and South) remained closed. I reloaded an earlier savegame and try again, this time killing the uggardians without magic. No difference. I use the console then to teleport myself out of this room.
I was unable to find Jandall's fate even if I went back to level 7... I have a savegame there just in case.

Some assorted thoughts...

- There is too much food.
- There are too many stones... :mrgreen:
- There are too many potions.
- Overly there are too many items but not in a very heterogeneus fashion. Some more weapons could be welcome. Axes and swords come to mind.
- Maybe some hardcore gamers may find this module on the easy-normal side of difficulty.

All in all this module is entertaining and fun, even if I had to restart it three times due to bugs. I have endorsed it on Nexus.

Now I am looking to playing your next module. I am pretty sure it will be real nice.

Congratulations.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

eLPuSHeR wrote:I was unable to find Jandall's fate even if I went back to level 7... I have a savegame there just in case.

Some assorted thoughts...

- There is too much food.
- There are too many stones... :mrgreen:
- There are too many potions.
- Overly there are too many items but not in a very heterogeneus fashion. Some more weapons could be welcome. Axes and swords come to mind.
- Maybe some hardcore gamers may find this module on the easy-normal side of difficulty.

All in all this module is entertaining and fun, even if I had to restart it three times due to bugs. I have endorsed it on Nexus.

Now I am looking to playing your next module. I am pretty sure it will be real nice.

Congratulations.
Thank you for finishing it! I appreciate all of the feedback and some of I even noticed, too. There are too many damn potion mats, especially Cave Nettle. Part of the problem is that the editor has no way to tell you what you already placed in the dungeon (hint, hint devs) so I either have to try to remember or I have to just keep placing items thinking I don't have enough yet. That also makes it super easy to miss adding some things because who wants to check every item in 10 levels to see if you threw in an axe somewhere? But I'm taking your advice to heart.

I've got an idea for a fix for the final doors. Despite the fact that they work for me (why, I have no idea) I'm going to re-engineer the scripting to work off of a timer/counter to open the door instead of breaking all four receptors (you still have to do it, though). Once the counter reaches 4 the doors will open even if you haven't killed all of the guardians.

If you want to know how to reach Jandall's fate (don't read if you wanna still figure it out yourself)
SpoilerShow
In level 7, go to the left teleporter first and fall down the pits. Behind you is a secret button. That opens a room where you find his corpse, his weapon, his armor, and a note from him. To get out, remove the torches in the room and that'll open another wall where a button re-opens the exit
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Unfortunately that area isn't accessible anymore even if you go back. I used the console to teleport my party and found him just to know what happened.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Unfortunately that area isn't accessible anymore even if you go back. I used the console to teleport my party and found him just to know what happened.
Yeah a lot of areas can't be gotten to if you've completed xxx area after. That's why you need to look around! :) Drop through every pit, check every torch & alcove - you never know what I mighta snuck up in there :D
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Indeed. I didn't dropped in that pit earlier during my third playthrough.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Let me know when all the bugs are solved and I´ll try it again. I have to gave up due lack ot time to spend 8-)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

leewroy wrote:Let me know when all the bugs are solved and I´ll try it again. I have to gave up due lack ot time to spend 8-)
1.5 is the latest that is up on Nexus & Steam and should be relatively bug-free. The major issues have long since been worked out, like the broken level 7 exits and level 8's save game bug.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

leewroy wrote:Let me know when all the bugs are solved and I´ll try it again. I have to gave up due lack ot time to spend 8-)

Me too - too many save crashes.
Regards,

RMariano
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Ok, thanks, dude. I´ll get the 1.5 and resume playing soon :)