[Mod] Stronghold of Daemurra

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Darsithis

Re: [Mod] Stronghold of Daemurra

Post by Darsithis »

RMariano wrote:
leewroy wrote:Let me know when all the bugs are solved and I´ll try it again. I have to gave up due lack ot time to spend 8-)
Me too - too many save crashes.
Sorry about that. That one was fixed a little while back.. 1.2 or 1.3 I think. I had no idea you couldn't serialize a table of objects (ridiculous, I do it all the time in applications I develop) in Grimrock.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

I found another problem...maybe:
SpoilerShow
On level 6, if you fall in the first hole after cleaning the three door mechanism, you go to a room on level 7 that is shaped like a face. There's a teleporter back, but you arrive just in the hole of level 6, making you fall again and again. Is that a bug or I´m missing something? Tried to find secret exists in the 7th level room with no luck.
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

leewroy wrote:I found another problem...maybe:
SpoilerShow
On level 6, if you fall in the first hole after cleaning the three door mechanism, you go to a room on level 7 that is shaped like a face. There's a teleporter back, but you arrive just in the hole of level 6, making you fall again and again. Is that a bug or I´m missing something? Tried to find secret exists in the 7th level room with no luck.
Yes that is true, that is a bug. What you're supposed to do is close that first pit by using the button just before it. The teleporter just needs to be adjusted.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

No problem. Bypased it with console help, it's just to give you a heads up ;)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

leewroy wrote:No problem. Bypased it with console help, it's just to give you a heads up ;)
Thanks. I've adjusted it just now not only to put you in front of the button, but to face you at it :p
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Ok, finished the module and everything worked well for me. I have to use the console to bypass one thing, though, but I´m sure this was not a bug, just a matter of misunderstood.
SpoilerShow
the alcove where you have to put plants. I put one of each, as described, but no secret door opens.
That was a nice duneon, keep the good work. I'm thinking about doing one myself, but there's too much to learn before, and too little time :cry:

If you're thinking about doing another one we can talk by PM and I´d like to give you my idea, I´m almost 100% sure that you´ll like it, cause it's a thing that I never see in any module ;)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

leewroy wrote:Ok, finished the module and everything worked well for me. I have to use the console to bypass one thing, though, but I´m sure this was not a bug, just a matter of misunderstood.
SpoilerShow
the alcove where you have to put plants. I put one of each, as described, but no secret door opens.
That was a nice duneon, keep the good work. I'm thinking about doing one myself, but there's too much to learn before, and too little time :cry:

If you're thinking about doing another one we can talk by PM and I´d like to give you my idea, I´m almost 100% sure that you´ll like it, cause it's a thing that I never see in any module ;)
Yeah I had a lot of trouble with multiple-item alcoves that frustrated me. The solution to the plants:
SpoilerShow

Code: Select all

if containsItems(plantAlcove, "cave_nettle") 
		and containsItems(plantAlcove, "tar_bead")
		and containsItems(plantAlcove, "slime_bell")		
		and containsItems(plantAlcove, "blooddrop_blossom")		
		and containsItems(plantAlcove, "grim_cap")	
		and containsItems(plantAlcove, "milkreed")
Then you press the button next to the alcove
I'd love to hear your idea. I'm halfway done with the next one (building on all I learned the first time): viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6633
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Ah...looks like I forgot one, that's why the damn door never opened.
SpoilerShow
It's the grim cap. I keep forgeting that it's a reagent, not just food :roll:
Well, if you have the next one almost ready then will be easy to apply my idea. Actually my idea is not about a whole dungeon. A kind of thing that would be cool in "one room round robin" dungeon :)

PM sent!
Ken_Tucky

Post by Ken_Tucky »

edemskicz wrote:The game crashed when I attacked Aegis´s Fang :-(

It seems the author never answered this, so I will also try get his attention.
I have exactly the same problem with "Aegis Fang". Everytime I try to attack with it (right-click on it) the game crashes to the desktop.

I read in a post here that the game was updated to v1.5 a while back, but the version on Steam is only v1.4 and that's the one I'm playing...

[string "Champion.lua"]:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value
stack traceback:
[string "Champion.lua"]: in function 'basicMeleeAttack'
[string "Champion.lua"]: in main chunk
[string "Champion.lua"]: in function 'attack'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'select'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'drawItemSlot'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "AttackPanel.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Gui.lua"]: in function 'draw'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

OS Version 6.1

OEM ID: 0
Number of processors: 8
Page size: 4096
Processor type: 586

Total memory: 8151 MB
Free memory: 4649 MB

Display device 0:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAY4
Device string: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M
State flags: 00000005

Display device 1:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAY5
Device string: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M
State flags: 00000000

Display device 2:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV1
Device string: RDPDD Chained DD
State flags: 00200008

Display device 3:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV2
Device string: RDP Encoder Mirror Driver

Display device 4:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV3
Device string: RDP Reflector Display Driver
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

I've fixed the dagger on the Steam version and will be uploading the Nexus Mods version shortly.