[Mod] Stronghold of Daemurra

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
edemskicz

Re: [Mod] Stronghold of Daemurra

Post by edemskicz »

So I also ended in level 10 with the doors closed :-( What to put on the altar?
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I have started from scratch AGAIN *sigh*. Tried reloading an earlier savegame but it crashed again. Call me a masochistic if you want. :mrgreen:

Looking on the bright side of things: I have discovered some more secrets and I hope to get the other maces as well.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

You won't be able to load an earlier save game - it's tied to the broken version of Level 8. Alas.

Sorry you're all having so much trouble post level 8. It's frustrating for me as much as for you. For level 10, are you both sure you destroyed all four receptors? If the lights go out and an ugguardian is summoned, you destroyed it. I tried it myself and it definitely worked so I don't know what to say. All four rooms, with the summoner disruptor found on level 11. Once you do that, the doors at the other end of the hall open up. Not the original ones that let you in.

I'll try it again tonight and see but since it's working for me I don't know what to change.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I am currently on level 4 again so I need time to get to level 8+.

PS - I got a knoffer mace. Great! Both the cudgel and ogre hammer need an insane amount of dexterity to be wielded properly. Outcome = you miss 75% of the time.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

eLPuSHeR wrote:I am currently on level 4 again so I need time to get to level 8+.

PS - I got a knoffer mace. Great! Both the cudgel and ogre hammer need an insane amount of dexterity to be wielded properly. Outcome = you miss 75% of the time.
I'm hoping in the next one to provide more gear, slowly, that is more useful. I want to pair up items with other items that make them more attractive. I'll also be creating a lot of custom items that are minor improvements so that secrets and puzzles have tangible rewards.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I am glad to report that v1.3 works flawlessly as far as the savegame bug at level 8 is concerned. Hooray1 8-)
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

eLPuSHeR wrote:I am glad to report that v1.3 works flawlessly as far as the savegame bug at level 8 is concerned. Hooray1 8-)
Fantastic! Did you ever discover what happened to Jandall?
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

No, because I am now stuck at level 8 (I wasn't stuck before in my earlier playthroughs).
SpoilerShow
I have put all but one shining shield. I think it's the 5th teleporter. There is a portcullis blocked to the east with a teleport to the west. I throw something there and I see the thrown object lands on the pressure plate below but nothing happens. I don't know how I did this before. I am also missing the "glutony" sword.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

eLPuSHeR wrote:No, because I am now stuck at level 8 (I wasn't stuck before in my earlier playthroughs).
SpoilerShow
I have put all but one shining shield. I think it's the 5th teleporter. There is a portcullis blocked to the east with a teleport to the west. I throw something there and I see the thrown object lands on the pressure plate below but nothing happens. I don't know how I did this before. I am also missing the "glutony" sword.
SpoilerShow
Throwing the rock into the teleporter is indeed the correct way to open the door. The gluttony sword should be the one behind that door that isn't opening for you.
I'm sorry that this mod isn't working out as expected. It's kinda funny how I've tested each of these things to see that they work, but when people run it, it doesn't...work. I'll try to get it fixed. In the meantime, throw more things into that teleporter :(
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Ehrrnn. No you are wrong. I had missed the sword of glutony beyond another teleporter...
SpoilerShow
The 4th one I think. that took me to level 7. ??? I was never able to open that gate. And that was the only teleporter without a shining shield. Weird.
I have arrived to level 9 now. What a big relief to be able to save... :mrgreen:
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)