Grimrock mod reviews videos by LocalFire

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
msyblade

Grimrock mod reviews videos by LocalFire

Post by msyblade »

Not sure if he made a thread for this yet, if so I missed it and thought I would give him a shout-out here.

LocalFire is doing a fantastic series of Grimrock Mod reviews called "Grim Review" (14 vids at the moment). Each review has a respectful, thorough, and informative approach. They are roughly 5 - 6 minutes long, in which time he highlights any of the unique aspects of that particular mod (or lack thereof), Story quality, how well the puzzles "work" within the theme, and takes into consideration whether it was an early mod or a more recent work. Overall I find it quite informative, entertaining, and fair. I would like to note that a review is one persons opinion,and not an end all judgement. He is fully versed in the workings of the Grimrock engine, and I think, a good selection to get info from if you're thinking about checking out a mod but "on the fence" about whether to invest the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9LYFBGUekt

Anyway, Thank you LocalFire, I hope it turns into a succesful, full fledged series!

7 Kudos awarded!
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
spectre900

Re: Grimrock mod reviews videos by LocalFire

Post by spectre900 »

Oooh, interesting. Watching now. ^^
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Well its nice to see people are liking them, I started after Spiderfighter was asking about Solitary Drakes grimrock in review series. And I did make a thread it just seems no one really noticed it (it was in creative corner)
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

wow, didnt notice this ! Really nice job, thanks for all the reviews. hope my dungeon will appear in time as well ;)
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

Very nice videos.

Although not sure if it was my laptop being weird but it did seems like the sound was sometimes cutting of just before the end of a sentence.
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

spectre900 wrote:Very nice videos.

Although not sure if it was my laptop being weird but it did seems like the sound was sometimes cutting of just before the end of a sentence.
Actually thats just me, I tend to stumble over words if forced to speak for any length of time, luckily I can edit out the sections where I freeze up in the middle of the sentence but the end not so much.

And Eye of the Dragon is on my list, its quite large and since I have to finish before I review it, it may be awhile. I will however be able to put out reviews for dungeons I've already finished as well as some short dungeons
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
Halluinoid

Post by Halluinoid »

well this thread hasn't been replied to in a few years, good topic by msyblade and the set of videos is still UP so .... have you seen the VIDEOS page on NEXUS? http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/videos/view/? as far as I can tell, the whole lot are my videos of my MODS!! :lol: but seriously, could we have a similar page on this site? or is there a similar page on this site? :P