[MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.33

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
minmay

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - Updated Ver 1.2

Post by minmay »

LocalFire wrote:And the 6/5 thing yeah thats not good, I'm guessing a monster dropped it? do you remember where? If not I'm sure I can find it.
I don't remember where, but I think it happens if you spawn a treasure after the start of the dungeon, so that's where I'd be looking.
LocalFire wrote:
SpoilerShow
-The face of time puzzle was supposed to be a clock face hence two hands to open to solve a puzzle, ie. two pressure plates, also the same logic with the ritual in that chamber 6 o'clock trigger the 12 and 6 plates, (I guess if you have a rock or something in place for midnight it could be opened at random by stepping on plates, I'll see about changing the time so it requires a time less likely to trigger by accident.
SpoilerShow
Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I think what threw me off was that all the times were in intervals of 1 full hour anyway - if it said "the ritual starts at 9:30" I would have figured out that I needed a minute hand. That might make the puzzle too easy though.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Duke45

Post by Duke45 »

Nice mod so far but having trouble on the relay room. You gave a hint earlier but is the point of the room to block all of the balls of light from the two plates?
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

The point is to get the two receptors to be hit at the same time and then block the third one next to the door, that'll get you through to the next section.
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
Duke45

Post by Duke45 »

I am stuck on the gem seekers puzzle in level 6. I have the scroll and all 9 crystals. On the hints, what crystals are the land, flowers and roots?
The sun, sky and clouds are yellow, deep blue and white. The fire and darkness are red and black, and water is aqua. Any help is appreciated.

Duke
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Roots are orange, flowers purple and land green, hope that helps
My Dungeons
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

I´m playing your module and so far it's your masterpiece. :D

I´m feeling dumb, tough,
SpoilerShow
cause I just can't operate the forge. Don't know what I´m missing to do, but nothing happens. Aftter put the itens on the alcoves, what I have to do?
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Well luckily I made a video for just such an occasion it'll show you some basic recipes and you should be able to get the idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpj3ebTMh1w
My Dungeons
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

I see. Thanks.
SpoilerShow
I was trying to clik at the receptacles, or hit with melee and ranged weapons, but nothing happens, of course.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Finished your module and I keep my opinion, this is the best of your three modules by far.

Interesting puzzles, but some I've had to skip with console, and other I leeft unsolved, making a good idea to start once again. :P

Found 66 secrets and 4 treasures.

Really loved the 3rd floor puzzle. It's similar to the Einsten test for IQ, I was just thinking about including it in a mod if I had the skill/time to create a mod. And btw, I didn't solved it...yet. :oops:

Other than the puzzles unsolved there is a thing that made me very curious:
SpoilerShow
how many prisoners you can get? cause I found three, none of them being a mage and some scrolls are not useful, like those based in air or ice magic
Anyway, thanks for this great game! :mrgreen:
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

There are 5 playable characters (including Evante) at the moment and once I finish up version 1.3 it will have 6.
5 and 6 require something special to get them and one of those is a mage and can use those extra spells, otherwise you need access to certain item to get those spell effects
My Dungeons