[MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.33

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
andyroosta

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - Release

Post by andyroosta »

Looks really good..will wait until the update comes along..good luck!
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

Just a question...
SpoilerShow
is there no end to the snails that spawn in level 14 after you step on that pressure plate? Cause I'm literately using snail slice as ammo cause there are now dead snail food all over the place. And I can't really move forward cause they are just too many to fight through. And if I'm really unlucky there will be a skeleton coming up behind me and then I'm boxed in and dead.

There's just simply too many enemies for a lone guy to take on and no way to run around them. Could this a possible spawner bug or something?
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Ok I'll have to fix that then, hopefully I can get a new exported soon

right now it seems I can't export any files over 120mb for some reason, I've tried using another computer but it still won't work if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

SpoilerShow
After you step on the pressure plate run to the button at the end of the hallway and press it. Actually I don't know if pressing the button stops the snail spawn or if there is a hidden pressure plate that stops them but they stopped for me.
lurker

Post by lurker »

I'm about to ascend to Level 11. I was just curious how I'm doing on secrets thus far. So far I've found 13, though there are a few I'm pretty sure I missed:
SpoilerShow
Level 12, northeast room with the fireball demon heads. There are some nice looking shields there that I can't seem to get to. Can the be gotten or are they there just to tease me?

Level 14, northwest corner area that accesses the spell forge. There are some teleporters there that I can't seem to get to.

Also on Level 14 a bit to the southeast of the spell forge access, there is some leather armor that I can see behind a grate but cannot seem to get to.
I'm liking your mod. Nice balance of puzzles and battles. The lighted path puzzle took me a bit, though that was just me trying to determine how literal you were with the clues.

Looking forward to seeing what is upstairs. :o
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

LocalFire wrote:Ok I'll have to fix that then, hopefully I can get a new exported soon

right now it seems I can't export any files over 120mb for some reason, I've tried using another computer but it still won't work if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful

Go to Low Rsolution Mode before Export, should work fine then. (Cuts down a significant amount of RAM, which is usually what prevents exporting larger .dat's.)

Hope this helps!!
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

lurker wrote:
SpoilerShow
Level 12, northeast room with the fireball demon heads. There are some nice looking shields there that I can't seem to get to. Can the be gotten or are they there just to tease me?

Level 14, northwest corner area that accesses the spell forge. There are some teleporters there that I can't seem to get to.

Also on Level 14 a bit to the southeast of the spell forge access, there is some leather armor that I can see behind a grate but cannot seem to get to.
There are about 15 secrets up to that point (not counting iron doors, or optional areas sealed by puzzles)

You can get that leather armor by hitting a switch on wall where you enter the cells, (behind a gobelin) near a note that says "once all the eastern dead" hit the button the same number of times as there are human remains in the easterns cells to open it (the counter on the switch resets after 10 secs so plenty of time)

Those shields are a teaser, you cant get them but you can make one later, its one of special items, with a special game effect.

Lastly I'm not sure about which teleports so I'll show a vid one of my testers made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly9gxK4 ... 4J&index=7 He got stuck here for awhile so its a bit long

@Msyblade thanks for the tip I'll give it a try EDIT: it worked! :D now to upload the new version 1.1
My Dungeons
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

LocalFire wrote:It seems each time I try to export the new file it just crashes straight to desktop, so no update while I try to sort this out

As a work around the door problem I've suggested the console, if you don't know how to use it
go to Almost human/legend of grimrock and open the grimrock.cfg file with notebook,
change console to true and consoleKey = 75 (this will make it the K key) when near the door open the console with K and type prison_door_metal_2:open()

I'll post up a new version as soon as grimrock stops crashing on me

Sorry for such a terrible bug somehow being missed and so early!

ok, no problem, thanks for the help, I ill try the console. :)
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Ok so version 1.1 is up, this fixes the problem with the door as well as several other minor issues, I'll put a changelog in the first post

Let me just thank everyone for their patience while I sorted this out.
My Dungeons
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

LocalFire wrote:Ok so version 1.1 is up, this fixes the problem with the door as well as several other minor issues, I'll put a changelog in the first post

Let me just thank everyone for their patience while I sorted this out.
Good to hear, and congrats!