[MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.33

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
LocalFire

[MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.33

Post by LocalFire »

I've been working on this thing for a year now and I really hoped to get it out before this, but its been tested and I think its as ready as its going to get. Time to get it out before it spends any more time languishing on computer.

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/369/?

There is also a steam page, not that it has the dungeon its just there to advertise it, if you liked the dungeon maybe rate it up so others can find and play it. you can find it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =244116394

heres some trailers to get you interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDyVJxQd95w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAbpgXeWzRM

"Sometimes we must choose between two evils"

It is well known in Stonemorrow that the god Thade maintains the great forbidding that holds the immortals at bay, preventing them from returning and sweeping through the meager lands that mortals now hold, returning the people to the slavery of their ancestors.

Just as well known is that a sacrifice was made, that a terrible price was paid and that at their gods command the priests sealed his former home; Bleakhall, so that none would ever again walk its halls, so none would ever know what happened below the earth.

Now the forgotten people of Stonemorrow are vanishing, for the rich and powerful this has passed unnoticed; but for the Order of the Dust a pattern is emerging one that will lead to the ruined fortress of Bleakhall and its dark secrets.

FEATURES:
-Discover what price was paid and why. Two story lines available to play, one by default one unlocked if you find the secret.
-15 floors of dark dungeony goodness, plus 1 extra floor for those who seek it.
-Numerous custom assets, including wallsets, items, monsters, decorations and spells
-Non linear item progression: No longer go from machete to longsword to cutlass etc. But upgrade with variable stats, want weapons with low damage high speed? High damage poor accuracy? special effects? weigh up more choices to suit you.
-A stack of new spells including: Sphere of Agony, Chances shield, Wind blast, Earths bounty, Bind monster, Nova, Ice cone, Channel mana and more.
-Custom party setup: Start alone and seek out other prisoners in the dungeon or ascend alone from the depths
-Novel item effects: How about knockback? a shield that can counter attack with a blast of fire? a crown that lowers your evasion but casts spells on you when you get hit? I got these and more.
-Enjoy multiple boss fights.
-Craft new items from old by making your way to the spell forge.
-Numerous optional side areas: Stuck? there are many floors with alternate paths to the end. Want to explore? go ahead! extra items and recipes are there to reward you.
-And much more

Secrets List: Number of Secrets per floor and their contents (secrets not in order):
SpoilerShow
Level 1: Bleakhall: 1 Secret
Contents: (Inquisitor)

Level 2: Enclaves Chambers: 2 Secrets
Contents: (Helm of the Legion) (Life Crystal)

Level 3: Fallens Rest: 4 Secrets, 1 Forge Portal
Contents: (Mace of Order), (Ancient Apparatus, Forge Hint, Lifes Pulse, Lurker Hood), (Pit Gauntlets), (Blueberry Pie x 6)

Level 4: Sleepers Hall: 9 Secrets, 1 Forge Portal (3 missable in Orange)
Contents: (Tarbead x 2, Life Crystal), (Greater Mana, Scroll of Healing Balm), (Scroll of Windblast, Blooddrop), (Desert Pearl), (Lifes Pulse, Rune Flask), (Thaumaturgic Balance), (Life Pulse, Wisdom Star), (Falchion, Thaumaturgic Balance), (Crown of Alois)

Level 5: Shadowed Warrens: 5 Secrets
Contents: (Cheese x 3, Crystal Staff), (Miracle Potion x 2, Horn of Jotun, Awaken Snowpoint), (Lightning Rod), (Assassins Dagger), (Rune Flask x 3, Berserk Helm)

Level 6: Twin Paths: 11 Secrets, - 6 Warriors Path, 5 Sages Path
Contents: (Full Helm, Forge Recipe), (Treasure), (Rune Flask), (Huntsman Cloak, Diviners Flask, Scale Cloak), (Scroll of Poison Burst, Lifes Pulse, Thaumaturgic Balance), (Double Axe), (Flail), (Whitestrke, Arrows), (Hardstone Bracelet, Desert Pearl), (Diviners Cloak, Desert Pearl), (Cloak of Night, Gaunlets of Valor)

Level 7: Four Corners: 8 Secrets, 1 Forge Portal
Contents: (Scroll of Ice Cone, Throwing Axe, Milkreed x 2) (Milkreed, Circlet of War), (Tarbead x 2, Boots of Speed), (Tarbead x 3, Milkreed), (Rage Potion, Scroll of Thunder Roll), (Valor Cuirass), (Wisdom Star, Throwing Axe) (Throwing Axe x 2)

Level 8: Shattered Path: 10 Secrets, 1 Forge Portal
Contents: (Greaves of Valor, Forge Hint), (Plate Boots), (Full Helm, Mages Mail), (Milkreed x 2, Flask), (Mole Jerky), (Throwing Axe), (Staff of Manar), (Milkreed), (Cheese, Milkreed, Norja), (Mages Hose, Forge Portal)

Level 9: Carved Earth: 10 Secrets, 1 Forge Portal
Content: (Bronze x 3, Pitroot), (Gold Lock), (Scroll of Earths Bounty), (Bronze x 2, Cutlass), (Crystal Staff), (Shock Powder, Lodestones x 3), (Vemon Edge), (Assassin Dagger, Path of Shadow), (Morningstar), (Lurkers Pants)

Level 10: Guardians Hall: 7 Secrets, 1 Forge Portal
Content: (Ember Shard, Round Shield), (Glacial Fragment, Round Shield), (Yew Staff), (Scroll of Bind Monster), (Cutlass), (Forge Portal), (Greater Mana, Scroll of Fire Shield)

Level 11: The Chasm: 11 Secrets, 1 Forge Portal
Content: (Tarbead x 3, Blooddrop x 3, Milkreed x 2), (Conjurers Hat), (Spirit Mirror Pendant), (Rapier), (Scroll of Fate Fool, Choker), (Unusual Mushroom x 3, Note), (Ring Boots), (Ring Greaves, Chest of Food, Fist Dagger), (Tarbead), (Elemental Plate Legs, Silken Pants), (Forge Portal)

Level 10: Central Prison: 4 Secrets
Content: (Silk Hose, Machete), (Poison Arrows), (Pointy Shoes), (Hide Vest)

Level 13: The Waste Tunnels: 8 Secrets - Some only reachable from other floors
Content: (Shuriken, Lurker Boots), (Knife, Cave Nettles x 2) (Leather Boots), (Hand Axe), (Whitewood Wand, Tattered Cloak), (Miracle Potion), (Arcane Potion), (Bronze, Forge hint - Merin Only)

Level 14: Eastern Cells: 3 Secrets, 1 Forge Portal
Contents: (Scroll of Fireball, Frostbolt, Lightning), (Desert Pearl x 2, Note, Flask), (Arrow, Leather gloves, Leather Armor)

Level 15: Western Cells: 2 Secrets
Contents: (Pointy Shoes, Su'va), (Silken Shirt)

Level 16: Spell Forge: 2 Secrets
Contents: (Greater Mana Potion, Arcane Potion, Casters Brand), (Energy Potion, Forge Manual)
Enjoy :D

In order to help out those who are lost on how to use the spell forge (hopefully most of you have it figured out) I've made a quick video to demonstrate how it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpj3ebTMh1w

Changelog:

Version 1.1
-Fixed issue with door in the central prison not opening, now opens with key from the storage room.
-Changed timing on conversation text with Clave and Merin in party, the next line of text now appears after an interval to make it easier to read.
-added a limit to the number of leeches spawned by the trapped hallway in the eastern cells.

Version 1.2
-Fixed issue with Zimbers sack of Hoarding not holding ten items, despite inventory space appearing inside.
-Corrected spelling errors.
-Added various particle effects to items with "unique" properties.
-Fixed issue where Kaze no Katta would cause a crash when the player right clicked on the sword, instead of left clicking.
-Fixed issue where some players would have the last part of a conversation with Clave repeat in a loop
-Fixed pits in the shattered path that fell into "nothing" on the floor below.
-Added/Removed plague ghouls, now they spawn onto the floor as the player enters, should help with slowdown not to have to deal with their onMove hooks while the player is not on the same level.
-Added new high teir throwing weapon, Lodestones.
-Added spell forge recipe and clue for Lodestones.
-Changed the clue in the black and white room to make it clearer as what to do.

Version 1.31
-Reworked Various puzzles to make them more intuitive.
-Change the Iron door on level 4.
-Changed the Mine and Temple custom wallsets.
-Fixed an issue where the puzzle in the eastern prison store room could spawn infinite keys.
-Reworked the bolt of Agony spell, it now casts at under 80% health and damage ramps up below 50%, 25% and 10%
-Fixed an issue resulting from the changes to the Pain bolt that crashed the game when enemies attempted to cast the older and now non existent version (opps).
-Added new monsters
-Added a new mini boss on the warriors path in the Twin paths.
-Reworked and tweaked various side areas.
-Added wall signs and scrolls to speed the players chances of finding new prisoners as Evante.
-Added additional room and clue to access said room when playing special mode.
-Added sixth playable character when playing as the fifth character
-Added Binding .effect chance to Bleakwind axe.
-Added Chance to freeze target to Inquisitor.
-New intro images and card images made by Hermundure, Thanks a ton!

Version 1.32
-Fixed issue with some secrets not registering
-Fixed issue with extra reward items/treasures spawning

Version 1.33
-Fixed issue with reaching prisoner 6
-Fixed crashes resulting from prisoner 5 visiting some empty cells
-Fixed issue where masters riddle was unsolvable if a certain wrong answer was given

Oh yeah the source is also available on the Nexus, but considering what a chaotic mess both the assets and layout of the of the dungeon in editor are, I'll write up something that should tell you where everything is, for those who are interested.
Last edited by LocalFire on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:07 am, edited 20 times in total.
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
bongobeat

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - Release

Post by bongobeat »

Hello,

thanks for the mod

I'm stuck in the level 12 (south block prison). I have just pick up the key in the west storage, but… what does it open? I don't find any keyhole.
I ve cleared the waste tunnels and the south block.

There is still that door on the east of the stairs that remains locked.

any hint please?
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

LocalFire wrote: heres some trailers to get you interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDyVJxQd95w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAbpgXeW ... JMVvTB1LtA
That first trailer looks beautiful, but the bottom link is broken.
I definitely want to try to find some time to check this out!
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

@ Bongobeat: Wow somehow I've managed to delete the lock between testing the latest version and uploading it, that doesn't bode well, I'll upload a fix in a sec , meanwhile you can use the console to open that door its ID is prison_door_metal_2

I'm really sorry about that, how the hell it happened is beyond me, I've had several testers and myself run through the game and that lock would/should of stopped anyone

I'll also fix that broken link
My Dungeons
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

It seems each time I try to export the new file it just crashes straight to desktop, so no update while I try to sort this out

As a work around the door problem I've suggested the console, if you don't know how to use it
go to Almost human/legend of grimrock and open the grimrock.cfg file with notebook,
change console to true and consoleKey = 75 (this will make it the K key) when near the door open the console with K and type prison_door_metal_2:open()

I'll post up a new version as soon as grimrock stops crashing on me

Sorry for such a terrible bug somehow being missed and so early!
My Dungeons
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Excellent map.... One of the best yet.

We're talking about it HERE.

Started it yesterday... once you start, you have a problem.... ya can't stop! It is good. ;)
Regards,

RMariano
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

LocalFire wrote:It seems each time I try to export the new file it just crashes straight to desktop, so no update while I try to sort this out

As a work around the door problem I've suggested the console, if you don't know how to use it
go to Almost human/legend of grimrock and open the grimrock.cfg file with notebook,
change console to true and consoleKey = 75 (this will make it the K key) when near the door open the console with K and type prison_door_metal_2:open()

I'll post up a new version as soon as grimrock stops crashing on me

Sorry for such a terrible bug somehow being missed and so early!
Ah, bummer. I was going to download it and play this morning. I'm hoping this is an April Fool's Day joke! :D

Seriously, good luck on squishing this bug.
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

Enjoying this map so far.

One small cosmetic thing that kinda bugs me a bit is the use of the different wall grating in the prison (Temple grating I think). makes the top of the walls missing.

Also it does seem a bit laggy for me, but that could just be all the use of custom assets that are not originally in the game.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

LocalFire wrote:It seems each time I try to export the new file it just crashes straight to desktop, so no update while I try to sort this out
Any luck yet?
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Not yet but I'm going to my brothers place tonight so I'll try and use his computer to export it and see if that makes a difference
My Dungeons