[MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.33

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
eLPuSHeR

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - Updated Ver 1.1

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Great. I was just pulling my hair out in this same spot.

BTW: How can i use my earlier savegames with this version?
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

eLPuSHeR wrote:
BTW: How can i use my earlier savegames with this version?
You can't use older versions save games, if you want to bypass the door in the old save you'll have to use the console I'm afraid
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I will have to start from scratch then. I have deleted the old module.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Ok. I have started from scratch but now I am stuck at level 11. Some questions...
SpoilerShow
1. There is a strange door at the middle area of level 14. I can't see any lock.
2. I have a turquoise key but I don't know what is for.
3. I don't know what's the Glacial fragment is for either.
4. How do you operate the spell forge? I have read in a note that you can combine two legionary shields.
5. I am stuck at the relay room in level 11. Ideas?
6. What's the deal with those human remains?.
I think I have uncovered 19 secrets by now.

I am liking this mod a lot. The story is nice and the mixture of combat / puzzles is just perfect. A bit on the laggy side but I think it's because of LoG engine with lots of custom assets and/or customizations.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

SpoilerShow
1. I assume you mean the iron door? Its opened by pulling a lever in the prison, but that lever is protected by a teleporter that takes you to an identical lever, thus tricking you (maybe) into thinking you've pulled the first one, hit that second lever to disable the teleport on the first lever

2.That key is for an area beyond the relay room

3.Glacial fragment is an ice element agent for the spell forge

4. Ok spell forge, heres how you do it, first get two correct items , you have 2 x legionary shield recipe so place one shield each in the reciever and agent terminal, now activate the forge by hitting the receptor for that class (in this case the armor receptor) with a fireball (theres a fireball staff hidden in the forge if you don't have Clave/he can't cast fireball). This will cause a new item to appear on the altar

This recipe is fairly basic, but others will require you to know the difference between the agent and reciever, The reciever is the item to get enchanted the agent the item providing the enchantment. For example the glacial fragment will give ice magic to an item (if it capable) eg. a spear, this would enchanted via the weapon reciever

if thats not clear try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpj3ebTMh1w I made this video to help anyone who is lost as to how the spell forge works

5. Alot of people are having trouble with this room, its a timing puzzle, one plate fires a shot that travels a short distance the other a longer distance, throw an item onto the long plate (there are some shuriken in the room) then run and stand on the short plate, A third shot will fire at the receptor near the door block it and the door will open.

As I said others have had trouble here, my testers made it through easy, but if you still have trouble let me know and I'll loosen the timing to make it easier

6.The human remains are a clue for the "once for each of the eastern dead" button in the cells hitting the button the correct number of times opens a secret door, they also can be used at the forge if you find the recipe
Hope this helps.
My Dungeons
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

"Maybe I could of saved this man...."

Means???
Regards,

RMariano
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

LocalFire wrote:
SpoilerShow
1. I assume you mean the iron door? Its opened by pulling a lever in the prison, but that lever is protected by a teleporter that takes you to an identical lever, thus tricking you (maybe) into thinking you've pulled the first one, hit that second lever to disable the teleport on the first lever

2.That key is for an area beyond the relay room

3.Glacial fragment is an ice element agent for the spell forge

4. Ok spell forge, heres how you do it, first get two correct items , you have 2 x legionary shield recipe so place one shield each in the reciever and agent terminal, now activate the forge by hitting the receptor for that class (in this case the armor receptor) with a fireball (theres a fireball staff hidden in the forge if you don't have Clave/he can't cast fireball). This will cause a new item to appear on the altar

This recipe is fairly basic, but others will require you to know the difference between the agent and reciever, The reciever is the item to get enchanted the agent the item providing the enchantment. For example the glacial fragment will give ice magic to an item (if it capable) eg. a spear, this would enchanted via the weapon reciever

if thats not clear try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpj3ebTMh1w I made this video to help anyone who is lost as to how the spell forge works

5. Alot of people are having trouble with this room, its a timing puzzle, one plate fires a shot that travels a short distance the other a longer distance, throw an item onto the long plate (there are some shuriken in the room) then run and stand on the short plate, A third shot will fire at the receptor near the door block it and the door will open.

As I said others have had trouble here, my testers made it through easy, but if you still have trouble let me know and I'll loosen the timing to make it easier

6.The human remains are a clue for the "once for each of the eastern dead" button in the cells hitting the button the correct number of times opens a secret door, they also can be used at the forge if you find the recipe
Hope this helps.

Thank you very much!
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

RMariano wrote:"Maybe I could of saved this man...."

Means???
Just Clave feeling bad about his failure and capture, its just a little story element (also recorded in the journal)
My Dungeons
lurker

Post by lurker »

The Black and White room is giving me fits. I did open the secret door, just not the wooden one to continue.
SpoilerShow
I'm assuming the torches and their placement come into play. But maybe it is a matter of opinion on what squares are considered dark?
Just noticed that you also did Beneath the Sands and Paths of the Earth. Loved both of those as well. Thanks for your creativity.
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Ringed in dark actually means just with black pillars, seems a bad choice of words on my part, I'll change that up when I next update

Glad to here you enjoy my stuff, hope you enjoy this one just as much!
My Dungeons