Komag's Let's Play The One Room Round Robin 2 blind playthrough

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
minmay

Re: Komag's Let's Play The One Room Round Robin 2 blind play

Post by minmay » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:07 am

Diarmuid wrote:EDIT: Oh, and one thing I noticed, as you're playing on a slightly lower resolution, I was a bit afraid that the info dialogs with achievements or monsters might get too long to be displayed on screen and you couldn't close them. We never got that reported, but just in case, you can console Dialog.deactivate() to get rid of it.
They all fit on the screen in 1024x768, which is the lowest resolution that's selectable in-game.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.

Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:26 am

Yeah, minmay, I just saw that as I finished watching your let's play walkthrough today! It was great and quite informative, really cool to have that for everyone playing the mod :)

So Komag, don't worry about that.

Komag

Post by Komag » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:11 pm

JKos wrote:It was really fun and frustrating to watch your let's play of my room. First you used that scroll on all other directions but not towards the rock located at the door, I was thinking: Come on, use it! Noo!
Then you didn't see where the key came, again: Noo! Damn! And then you chose to kill the ogre by fighting, no that is not what you are supposed to do, Argh!
Another "Aargh!" moment was that Iron Man teleport, you were so close, but no :D.

Well that just proves that I tried to be too clever and managed to create too unusual/obscure puzzles, so that people don't even notice how they solved them. I guess game content design is not for me :mrgreen:
Anyway I enjoyed every moment of you video. Thanks.
Maybe there could be added a small sound effect played when attempting to use the scroll with nothing in front, a "failed" attempt. Now I rewatched the video and assume the first key came from the table, but the ogre was in the way so I couldn't see it there. Now I see the interesting exchange there - the key was on the table, we stole it, but we can't actually use it, so we give it back and he opens the door to attack, then...

What happens if you don't fight the ogre? Maybe he should be completely invincible. Since there is a 4-square area to dance around, I didn't want to leave that and get cornered somewhere, and since I WAS causing some damage, I just figured I'd finish the fight.

I googled "Iron Man song" and see it's an old classic rock Black Sabbath song. I recognize the beat/tune, but I didn't know it was called Iron Man :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Komag wrote:Parts 9 and 10 are up (originally meant to be one part): (almost 2 hours)

http://youtu.be/_idzpP9idcc

http://youtu.be/pQPpXqgBc2E

Includes condemned area, JKos' room, and Hub
While watching part 9 i wondered ..
You keep pushing Yessica's Throwing Weapon skills and she's using Missile Weapons since ages 8-)

Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Komag wrote:Parts 9 and 10 are up (originally meant to be one part): (almost 2 hours)

http://youtu.be/_idzpP9idcc

http://youtu.be/pQPpXqgBc2E

Includes condemned area, JKos' room, and Hub
While watching part 9 i wondered ..
You keep pushing Yessica's Throwing Weapon skills and she's using Missile Weapons since ages 8-)
Well, even with his throwing weapons skill, the crossbow he got off the secret in Neikun's room still had better attack power. But don't worry, Komag eventually found some silver kunais and switched over to throwing weapons.

Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:11 pm

woah Komag could simply kill Urugha with weapons?!?
IMO this should not be possible. It kills the whole fun (and point) of this room :(

JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:52 pm

The problem with making the Ogre invincible, is that if you waste the consumables that are required to kill the Ogre in ways that are not conducive to completing the room, then you put yourself in a position where can never kill him.
SpoilerShow
There is also a bit of a problem in that the Poignant Potion from the Room of Inversion looks exactly like a regular Poignant Potion, but doesn't work as part of the recipe... So if you first try to poison meat with that potion instead of another one - you will probably never be able to figure out the puzzle.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.

Komag

Post by Komag » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Part 12 done: (1:24)

http://youtu.be/5-5VkED0fpo

Includes Leki's room, Kuningas' room, and higher up the Hub
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:04 pm

Video is completely black for me from 59 min to 1:09 approx... :( As I know the dungeon I can follow up what's going on with the audio of course...

EDIT: Finished it, awesome as usual. It's not a big spoiler, but the teleporter to the fast-travel central was right behind your back when you survived that uggardian fight... !! (instead of running down stairs panicking) :lol:

Isaac

Post by Isaac » Thu May 01, 2014 2:42 am

It's possible ~if you have the missing video~ to upload just the few minutes, and place annotation links on the main video page to play the "patch" video; and a link to return to the main video afterward.

Great session Komag!