The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3b + SOURCES released]

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
msyblade

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by msyblade »

Thanx for the feedback minmay! I think it would be awesome to have four or five of these reviews from different people. I, for one, am interested in knowing what EVERYONE experiences!

I would like to point out that the repeated textures/assets issue was a necessary evil to keep the 22 rooms under 100 mb combined, in order to post the project on Steam. It is an incredible example of efficiency, as each room only had around 3 mb allocated for the author (after the hub/common assets were accounted for). Seeing some of the rooms, I am impressed that everyone stayed disciplined and conservative for the greater goal. Diarmuid's incredible talents were able to keep it all trimmed down, and get it under the target goal. One of newest mods on the Nexus is 500 mb alone!

I hope more people follow suit and write about their personal experiences, most of us eat that stuff up!

Thanx again!

edit: ninja'd by Diarmuid!
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
The cube

Post by The cube »

Hi, i am back after a year of a break from grimrock. i would like to try ORRR2 out, but it won't download it on steam. when i click subscribe, unlike usually, it does not go to the "custom dungeons" but instaed nothing happens.
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

The cube wrote:Hi, i am back after a year of a break from grimrock. i would like to try ORRR2 out, but it won't download it on steam. when i click subscribe, unlike usually, it does not go to the "custom dungeons" but instaed nothing happens.

You can dl from the Nexus also:

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/368/?
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
The cube

Post by The cube »

msyblade wrote:
The cube wrote:Hi, i am back after a year of a break from grimrock. i would like to try ORRR2 out, but it won't download it on steam. when i click subscribe, unlike usually, it does not go to the "custom dungeons" but instaed nothing happens.

You can dl from the Nexus also:

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/368/?
I tried, but i have no idea what to do with the file after downloading :oops:
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

There have been times in the past I think where people have had problems downloading certain mods from Steam. You can get to the Workshop in the game from the 'Custom Dungeon' menu which then pops up the Steam Overlay, or you can just browse the Steam Workshop with Grimrock closed and subscribe straight in the client. Whichever you are doing, I suggest trying the other!

I've always done it from the Steam Client (outside of the game), waited for it to download, then launched the game and I've never had any problems.

If you've downloaded it from the Nexus, just go to your My Documents -> Almost Human -> Legend of Grimrock -> Dungeons folder and drop the .dat file in there.
Last edited by JohnWordsworth on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

Thanks for the feedback minmay.
SpoilerShow
I know my room is kinda basic. But I had no experience at all making dungeons or scripting. Truth be told, I had been playing about with the Dungeon Editor and wondering how far a fall you could survive. I then noticed there were still some spaces available in the ORRR2, so I spruced up my pit. Handed out a few weapons and submitted it. The Ogre is mostly there to give you a fright. But I made access to the pit so it was more fair and less cheap.
The cube

Post by The cube »

JohnWordsworth wrote:There have been times in the past I think where people have had problems downloading certain mods from Steam. You can get to the Workshop in the game from the 'Custom Dungeon' menu which then pops up the Steam Overlay, or you can just browse the Steam Workshop with Grimrock closed and subscribe straight in the client. Whichever you are doing, I suggest trying the other!

I've always done it from the Steam Client (outside of the game), waited for it to download, then launched the game and I've never had any problems.

If you've downloaded it from the Nexus, just go to your My Documents -> Almost Human -> Dungeons folder and drop the .dat file in there.
Wow, i am terrible, but i got it to work.

I will post my progress :)
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Hope you enjoy the mod! :)
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

minmay wrote:Coincidentally, I had just been working on ranking all the rooms in ascending order of how much I liked them! With feedback about each one, of course.
Here you go. Massive spoilers, obviously. Nothing is intended personally, and I apologize for the atrocious formatting:
SpoilerShow
Note: I have found all secrets except one (eventually got curious and looked at my save, it's secret_58
and looking at its location I've no idea how to get it), and gotten all achievements except one
(the one for finding all the secrets).
Congrats on getting as many Achievements as you have!! I'm glad that you enjoyed mine as well, but I have to agree with Diarmuid, in that I would rank some of the others higher (and certainly mine much lower). I suppose that's the great thing about the ORRR projects: there literally is something for everyone! I love that we all have our favorite style of puzzles and game play. My only regret is that there will probably never be another one for the original game (after all, how in the world could that non-room dungeon design ever be topped? :D ). I could play ORRR-styled mods all the time and be a very happy gamer (even more so because of the branching paths this time around).

Thanks for taking the time to write all of your comments down! I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates it.

And, as an aside, spell check keeps wanting me to change Diarmuid to "Druidism" or "Dairymaid." Just throwing that out there.
The cube

Post by The cube »

Already stuck, in aaneton's room.
SpoilerShow
I have 5 gems, a red, a yellow and a deep blue one, and two light blue ones, but i have no idea what is the correct order. can someone help me out?

I know i must get the daemon head to shoot at the receptor at the end of the aisle.