The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3b + SOURCES released]

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
User avatar
aaneton
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by aaneton » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:10 am

minmay wrote:I decided two at once wasn't enough. (Apologies for crap computer + crap microphone.)
Cool :)
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman

User avatar
Diarmuid
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by Diarmuid » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:00 pm

aaneton wrote:
minmay wrote:I decided two at once wasn't enough. (Apologies for crap computer + crap microphone.)
Cool :)
Another one? Wow! I will be uploading patch 3 this morning... so you might want to quickly restart before part 2 if you haven't gone far!

User avatar
Diarmuid
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by Diarmuid » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Allright, Patch 3 is on its way to steam and nexus. While it's uploading, I wish to share a cool feature I added:

You can now call orrrManager.setHubRenderingMode(quality) from the console, where quality is "high" or "low", to see more torches in the hub area.

On low, you see 1 level above and below. On high, you see 2 levels above and below.

It is low by default, but people with good cpu/gfx rigs should be able to push it without much impact. For comparison, on my machine, which is a 4th gen i7 quad-core 8GB ram with a mobile 2GB GTM750, the fps in the position below passed from 37-38fps on "low" to 33 fps on "high". It switches on the fly, no need to reload, move around or anything.

Here's some screenshots of the difference:
LOW hub rendering mode:
Image
HIGH hub rendering mode:
Image

User avatar
Diarmuid
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3 + SOURCES released]

Post by Diarmuid » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Allright, patch 3 is live on steam & nexus, and you also have the sources for the mod available now on nexus, so modders, have fun looking at it!

User avatar
msyblade
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:40 am
Location: New Mexico, USA
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3 + SOURCES released]

Post by msyblade » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:52 pm

No doubt guys, if you've never looked under the hood of this beast, you should! All of the different skillset's that came together to make this thing work is nothing short of amazing.

Advanced/Expert modders: Diarmuids frameworks of scripts and constant checks are of particular note. And the Hub, that Hub . . .

In conclusion, no matter what you want to learn how to do, you will find an excellent example of it in these source files. What are you waiting for? Go get it!!
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades

User avatar
The cube
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Barren Desert

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3 + SOURCES released]

Post by The cube » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:42 pm

The potion using tab does not show that you have health potions if they are inside a container. pretty annoying. is this fixable?

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3 + SOURCES released]

Post by Dr.Disaster » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:04 am

Diarmuid wrote:Allright, patch 3 is live on steam & nexus, and you also have the sources for the mod available now on nexus, so modders, have fun looking at it!
Patch 3 gives me this LoG crash when the cultist teleports a size-reduced party out :(

Code: Select all

#paan_prison_script1:350: undefined object: leather_gauntlets
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	[string "ScriptInterface.lua"]: in function 'setPosition'
	#paan_prison_script1:350: in function <#paan_prison_script1:327>
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'onMessageReceived'
	[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'sendMessageToEntity'
	[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'broadcastMessage'
	[string "TriggerEvents.lua"]: in function 'fire'
	[string "Timer.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
	[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

User avatar
Diarmuid
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3 + SOURCES released]

Post by Diarmuid » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:10 am

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Diarmuid wrote:Allright, patch 3 is live on steam & nexus, and you also have the sources for the mod available now on nexus, so modders, have fun looking at it!
Patch 3 gives me this LoG crash when the cultist teleports a size-reduced party out :(

Code: Select all

#paan_prison_script1:350: undefined object: leather_gauntlets
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	[string "ScriptInterface.lua"]: in function 'setPosition'
	#paan_prison_script1:350: in function <#paan_prison_script1:327>
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'onMessageReceived'
	[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'sendMessageToEntity'
	[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'broadcastMessage'
	[string "TriggerEvents.lua"]: in function 'fire'
	[string "Timer.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
	[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
that's weird... why would setPosition go wrong for a reduced party? I tested with toorum in any case and the cultist teleport worked fine. I will make some tests. What are you using to reduce the party exactly?

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3 + SOURCES released]

Post by Dr.Disaster » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:15 am

Diarmuid wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:
Diarmuid wrote:Allright, patch 3 is live on steam & nexus, and you also have the sources for the mod available now on nexus, so modders, have fun looking at it!
Patch 3 gives me this LoG crash when the cultist teleports a size-reduced party out :(

Code: Select all

#paan_prison_script1:350: undefined object: leather_gauntlets
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	[string "ScriptInterface.lua"]: in function 'setPosition'
	#paan_prison_script1:350: in function <#paan_prison_script1:327>
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'onMessageReceived'
	[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'sendMessageToEntity'
	[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'broadcastMessage'
	[string "TriggerEvents.lua"]: in function 'fire'
	[string "Timer.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
	[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
that's weird... why would setPosition go wrong for a reduced party? I tested with toorum in any case and the cultist teleport worked fine. I will make some tests. What are you using to reduce the party exactly?
I use the Characterizer mod as usual. Also re-importing my Patch 2 rogue and a pre-existing Toorum gave the same results.

Only a fresh-made Toorum get's teleported out.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Diarmuid
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3 + SOURCES released]

Post by Diarmuid » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:17 am

Dr.Disaster wrote:I use the Characterizer mod as usual. Also re-importing my Patch 2 rogue and a pre-existing Toorum gave the same results.

Only a fresh-made Toorum or a full party get's teleported out.
It doesn't make any sense to me why... but I will investigate.

Post Reply