The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3b + SOURCES released]

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Diarmuid

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3b + SOURCES released]

Post by Diarmuid »

Glad you liked it!

Off the mods to play, there's obviously The Mine of Malan Vile, The Sunset Gate and The Elder of Murwynd Woods...
Bambusek

Post by Bambusek »

Hello.

Great mod, been playing it for few days now. Currently I'm between fifth and sixth seal.
SpoilerShow
Just finished exploring Condamned Area there and found something called Tourmaline key. What it is for?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Bambusek wrote:Hello.

Great mod, been playing it for few days now. Currently I'm between fifth and sixth seal.
SpoilerShow
Just finished exploring Condamned Area there and found something called Tourmaline key. What it is for?
SpoilerShow
It's a key (as you know), so be on the lookout for a lock that looks similar.

I actually don't recall where that lock is ~offhand, but the key was in the condemned area... and that was not a ~regular~ room, so it's not for use in anyone's room.

Have fun with the mod 8-) ; the planning for the next one is just now beginning.
Bambusek

Post by Bambusek »

Isaac wrote:
SpoilerShow
It's a key (as you know), so be on the lookout for a lock that looks similar.

I actually don't recall where that lock is ~offhand, but the key was in the condemned area... and that was not a ~regular~ room, so it's not for use in anyone's room.

Have fun with the mod 8-) ; the planning for the next one is just now beginning.
SpoilerShow
Actually found it just minute ago, it was key to the room with Ancient Axe.
If I got Gladiator achievement for winning 30 fight on the Arena, is there anything more there beside simply XP farming? I won 45 times but didn't get anything special after 45th win so I assume there isn't
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

There's achievements at 50 and 75 arena wins (which becomes really hard to do!). It's for xp, equipment, and a renewable source of food. If you can keep 5 more rounds, you'll be an "Iron Man" !
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

Apologies for necro-ing a two year old thread, but I've managed to stumble across a bug and...well, the thread does say to post bug reports here.

In the Foundry,
SpoilerShow
I accidentally picked up the chestpiece of valour from its display stand through the far wall, from the square just behind the gear-key-locked door. This was actually quite convenient since it saved me from having to destroy the auto-smith, but is obviously not intended behaviour.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

That's a lucky find. I looked at it, it's a problem; one that I wish I'd found. It's an easy fix... but (though it's my room) I do not have access to the mod's remote files on Steam & Nexus.

There are many things that still need fixed, but I don't think it will ever get a fourth cumulative patch. :(

*It'd be nice to update the mod though; and not just that fix, but a bunch of them.
In my case, the ghosts in the Foundry were supposed to be undead dwarven blacksmiths, but it was cut [for technical & animation issues] along with metal casting & crafting (on the anvils).
THOM

Post by THOM »

Too sad, that you never released this dwarfs...
THOM formaly known as tschrage