The One Room Round Robin 2 [PATCH 3b + SOURCES released]

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
User avatar
Diarmuid
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by Diarmuid » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:24 pm

TSotP wrote:Thanks for the feedback minmay.
SpoilerShow
I know my room is kinda basic. But I had no experience at all making dungeons or scripting. Truth be told, I had been playing about with the Dungeon Editor and wondering how far a fall you could survive. I then noticed there were still some spaces available in the ORRR2, so I spruced up my pit. Handed out a few weapons and submitted it. The Ogre is mostly there to give you a fright. But I made access to the pit so it was more fair and less cheap.
True I forgot to say also that this is a "community" project, not a "the best modders of the forum" project. Some people have dozen skills in modeling, scripting, animation, design, dialogue writing and what not, others on board where just starting out with their first modding projects. So the end product reflects that. And I really like the fact that you get a change of pace, some very quick and simple rooms, others involved. If really we had 22 rooms like Xanathar's or Isaac's, honestly I feel it would be too much stuff packed together and the overall gameplay wouldn't feel so balanced.

User avatar
msyblade
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:40 am
Location: New Mexico, USA
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by msyblade » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:31 pm

The cube wrote:Already stuck, in aaneton's room.
SpoilerShow
I have 5 gems, a red, a yellow and a deep blue one, and two light blue ones, but i have no idea what is the correct order. can someone help me out?

I know i must get the daemon head to shoot at the receptor at the end of the aisle.
Ask again in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6452 :D
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades

User avatar
SpiderFighter
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by SpiderFighter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Diarmuid wrote:
TSotP wrote:Thanks for the feedback minmay.
SpoilerShow
I know my room is kinda basic. But I had no experience at all making dungeons or scripting. Truth be told, I had been playing about with the Dungeon Editor and wondering how far a fall you could survive. I then noticed there were still some spaces available in the ORRR2, so I spruced up my pit. Handed out a few weapons and submitted it. The Ogre is mostly there to give you a fright. But I made access to the pit so it was more fair and less cheap.
True I forgot to say also that this is a "community" project, not a "the best modders of the forum" project. Some people have dozen skills in modeling, scripting, animation, design, dialogue writing and what not, others on board where just starting out with their first modding projects. So the end product reflects that. And I really like the fact that you get a change of pace, some very quick and simple rooms, others involved. If really we had 22 rooms like Xanathar's or Isaac's, honestly I feel it would be too much stuff packed together and the overall gameplay wouldn't feel so balanced.
Totally agree with this statement. One of my favorite rooms in the ORRR2 is Billick's, because of where it comes in the game, the joy in its simplicity, and the satisfaction in carrying it out. I love the puzzles that make me think, but sometimes, I just wanna trash things. :D

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by Dr.Disaster » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:23 pm

JohnWordsworth wrote:Talking about statistics, it would be cool if you've played through and finished the mod if you could post a few statistics about your run. Things such as 'Time Played' and 'Secrets Found' are always particularly interesting to hear!
My stats from the original release with the LoG default party.
All characters are well into lvl 15, some even close to 16, front-row is all swords+armor, back-row throwing and air+fire+spellcraft
SpoilerShow
Image
The very last secret was not possible to reach in the original release due to a puzzle reset error thus Xan gave me a little help.
I saved room comments/rankings because it's hard to tell without spoiling them.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by Dr.Disaster » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:18 am

err .. guys .. something seems wrong with the monster spawn routine in advanced Arena battles. They tend to spawn into each other now and then. Worst case yet are those 3 pics i took from a single(!) spawn:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =245406593
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =245406514
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =245406448

EDIT: in addition when i manage to kill one group of such a stacked pack sometimes an adjacent group can walk into the remaining group, creating another stacked square! I noted it first at about 45 wins.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Diarmuid
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by Diarmuid » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:31 am

Dr.Disaster wrote:err .. guys .. something seems wrong with the monster spawn routine in advanced Arena battles. They tend to spawn into each other now and then. Worst case yet are those 3 pics i took from a single(!) spawn:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =245406593
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =245406514
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =245406448
Well that's new... !? I'll check the code, it never happened before. And can you put your pics above in a spoiler? ;)

minmay
Posts: 2697
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 am

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by minmay » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:48 am

Um...I can still keep the dagger from disintegrating in the newest patch, by dropping or throwing it before it disintegrates.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.

User avatar
Diarmuid
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by Diarmuid » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:02 am

minmay wrote:Um...I can still keep the dagger from disintegrating in the newest patch, by dropping or throwing it before it disintegrates.
Yeah, aaneton just noted that as well. On the to-do list.

EDIT: Dr.Disaster, that's weird... I'll do some tests tonight. Oh and I was talking about the screenshot of achievements, as some people don't know the full list yet!

minmay
Posts: 2697
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 am

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by minmay » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:33 am

Found a serialization error:
SpoilerShow
Saving in jKos' room after giving the ogre the key, but before it opened the gate, gave me:

Code: Select all

timers: cannot serialize function with upvalues
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'saveValue'
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'saveValue'
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'saveValue'
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'saveValue'
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'saveValue'
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'saveState'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'saveGame'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'quickSave'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'keyPressed'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'pollEvents'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
Reproducing it is tricky, even rapid-fire saving only worked some of the time. But it's pretty easy to find upvalues anyway.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.

User avatar
Isaac
Posts: 2995
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Release] *PATCH 2*

Post by Isaac » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:39 am

minmay wrote:#3. Isaac's room, "The Foundry" ....
and the ghosts are cool...
I liked the skeleton ghosts very much, but they were [one of two] last minute replacements in my room, for two custom monsters that had problems (the undead blacksmiths from the foundry; and the other one from the tomb); I didn't make the white skeleton ghosts, those were from PandaFox.

I did do that really big ghost in the room though. ;)

Post Reply