The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help] [Secrets Guide released]

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Dr.Disaster

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help]

Post by Dr.Disaster »

I'd like to have a hint for boyflea's room. Without a better clue "Dress for Success" is a bit broad about what gear to equip or carry.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Dr.Disaster wrote:I'd like to have a hint for boyflea's room. Without a better clue "Dress for Success" is a bit broad about what gear to equip or carry.
You really need to switch on the Monty Python part of your brain for that room.
SpoilerShow
Dress is here rather "undress"...
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

oh my ... now the music selection makes sense to me :lol:
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Xanathar wrote:I imagine you refer to the puzzle of the falling marbles.
Yup, must be solved to go on and Yup, the levers should be placed in a correct order, before starting the game.
SpoilerShow
It's actually easy to solve iteratively..
- Change the levers so that the first ball goes in the right place.
- See what you need to change to get the second ball in the right place.
- Iterate this over and over (actually you just need to do it for 4 marbles IIRC and it magically works for the others)
In case you don't want to try again and want the final solution:
Thanks for your help, seems easy now! :lol:
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

one final hint is welcome regarding Xanathar's room
SpoilerShow
The soulgem sits behind a gate with eight buttons which seem to await a color-coded sequence. Yet none of the patterns i managed to see from color/button relation, Gallery pics or pillar/button locations worked so far PLUS what also troubles me: how do i reset this puzzle after a failed try?
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

In the play guide we did, that thing is the only secret in the entire dungeon rated "extremely hard", you are good to have figured out so much already.

I *think* that the way Xanathar scripted it, is that it always considers the last sequence of presses for it, so that you can theoretically start the combination anytime. I need to take a second look at the code he wrote however, the whole room has a lot of tech in it to make the magic happen, obviously.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Dr.Disaster wrote:one final hint is welcome regarding Xanathar's room
SpoilerShow
The soulgem sits behind a gate with eight buttons which seem to await a color-coded sequence. Yet none of the patterns i managed to see from color/button relation, Gallery pics or pillar/button locations worked so far PLUS what also troubles me: how do i reset this puzzle after a failed try?
SpoilerShow
It is based on the gallery pictures. Each button corresponds to the keyboard key of the same colour, as depicted in the gallery. The white key is next to the red one (barely visible in the picture), and the lowest note; press the buttons in sequence as if you were playing the song depicted on the sheet music in the gallery. (I don't remember the exact pattern offhand, sorry.)
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

minmay wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:one final hint is welcome regarding Xanathar's room
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
It is based on the gallery pictures. Each button corresponds to the keyboard key of the same colour, as depicted in the gallery. The white key is next to the red one (barely visible in the picture), and the lowest note; press the buttons in sequence as if you were playing the song depicted on the sheet music in the gallery. (I don't remember the exact pattern offhand, sorry.)
OMG! :shock:

* several minutes later matching+trying stuff *

the gate stays down so my question remains: how do i reset the puzzle?
Xanathar

Post by Xanathar »

You are right, the reset mechanism is broken :( :oops:
SpoilerShow
In the console type:

Code: Select all

xan_chaos_door:open();
xan_chaos_secret:activate();
You deserve it. And sorry, again.
Waking Violet (Steam, PS4, PSVita, Switch) : http://www.wakingviolet.com

The Sunset Gate [MOD]: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5563

My preciousss: http://www.moonsharp.org
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Darn! and i was soooo close to get my hands on the final archievment the regular way .. i hope the fix makes it into the first patch!

Xan regarding the puzzles your room is for sure the toughest! It took me several sheets of paper to get them done which rarely happens. Kudos!