[mod] DawnTower - The Escape 1.3.6 Final+

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
spectre900

Re: [mod] DawnTower - The Escape 1.3.5 Final

Post by spectre900 »

leewroy wrote:Now stuck in another place
SpoilerShow
the arena floor puzzle. Got the first combination by pure luck. Tried many combination to open the second path with no luck. I'm not getting what "greater than east means. I thought about the word "east" and then south and north makes sense, but I trid combinations in both directions, also in other directions too, but still locked. And btw the third shall be a problem? :mrgreen:
SpoilerShow
Hehe, it should be fairly easy if you know what the sign for "greater than-" is (which is "<" or ">"). As an example, "1 < 3" means 3 is greater than 1, or you flip it to "3 > 1" and it's still the same. 3 is greater than 1.
And if if the second combo is "greater than the east", all you really need to know is what direction the "greather than-" symbol needs to be "drawn"....

As for the last one.
None of them like stairs, so on the plate closest to the stairs no item should be placed, Fairly straight forward I think. And if the last one is missing the edge, you obviously must draw something that normally has an edge or corner, only this time it doesn't.

Also the puzzle requires 2, 3 and 4 items to unlock.
Oh and hey, I finally got the steam version to work now! thanks to LocalFire for suggestion the graphics change.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

I see. Very clever ;)
SpoilerShow
The > and < didn't crossed my mind, and I´m not that bad with math, lol.
By the way:
SpoilerShow
in the puzzle tips written on the wall there is a typo, or maybe two. You wrote "greather" and maybe I´m wrong, but I guess you wrote "none like STEPS instead of stairs. Gotta check it, tough.
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

leewroy wrote:I see. Very clever ;)
SpoilerShow
The > and < didn't crossed my mind, and I´m not that bad with math, lol.
By the way:
SpoilerShow
in the puzzle tips written on the wall there is a typo, or maybe two. You wrote "greather" and maybe I´m wrong, but I guess you wrote "none like STEPS instead of stairs. Gotta check it, tough.
Meh, I still had a bunch of spelling errors? >.< So easy to miss those.

Guess I may have to do one more update after all. =/
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Finished the module right now. Really enjoyable. Took me around 6:30 hours to finish, got 6/10 secrets.
SpoilerShow
Loved the end of the game, a bit hard to get due the...well, I´m not risk spoilling the end to the lurkers, but was one of the best ends so far ;)

There's a thing that I couldn't get and still haunts me: that staff changing positions on the ground. I´d like to know the trick
Anyway, my thanks and congratulations. Was really cool and I´ll be expecting the next module :)
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

leewroy wrote:Finished the module right now. Really enjoyable. Took me around 6:30 hours to finish, got 6/10 secrets.
SpoilerShow
Loved the end of the game, a bit hard to get due the...well, I´m not risk spoilling the end to the lurkers, but was one of the best ends so far ;)

There's a thing that I couldn't get and still haunts me: that staff changing positions on the ground. I´d like to know the trick
Anyway, my thanks and congratulations. Was really cool and I´ll be expecting the next module :)
SpoilerShow
Ah yes, that little staff is quite annoying. But don't bother running after it, you can't catch it, it will only make you look silly. It's kinda like playing keep away, so all you have to do is give the others something to "hold" and they will instead drop it all.
Well, I'm glad you liked it and that it wasn't too easy or too short. (I run through it in just over 2 hours but I kinda know where everything is and such....)
And the last area should be a bit harder and trickier, especially the bonus rooms and the exit.

Thank you very much for playing. ^^

Oh, and if you have any suggestion for improvements for the next one, do let me know.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

My only suggestion so far is correct the typos. That thing I mentioned before can do a real mess, cause
SpoilerShow
step is totally different from stair, and in the game can be related, since you can "step" on a plate, got it?

I don't know what you mean by "bonus rooms"...something I left behind? :o
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

leewroy wrote:My only suggestion so far is correct the typos. That thing I mentioned before can do a real mess, cause
SpoilerShow
step is totally different from stair, and in the game can be related, since you can "step" on a plate, got it?

SpoilerShow
Well there are 3 "bonus rooms". The Prison key you find to open the gate in the upper section of the machine can also open two more doors. But to get the key there, you have to use another way into the upper level to retrieve it. You may have notice a locked door leading to the "Electric Chamber" for example. (which I will have to make a lot less laggy which I have noticed that it is. or at least turn it off when walking out of the room to reduce recourse usage.)

There is a prison lock in the Core level and Lower level. Plus a round lock which you can get a key to in one of those other rooms.
And yes, I will fix the typos and such in the 1.3.6 update
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

spectre900 wrote:
leewroy wrote:My only suggestion so far is correct the typos. That thing I mentioned before can do a real mess, cause
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Well there are 3 "bonus rooms". The Prison key you find to open the gate in the upper section of the machine can also open two more doors. But to get the key there, you have to use another way into the upper level to retrieve it. You may have notice a locked door leading to the "Electric Chamber" for example. (which I will have to make a lot less laggy which I have noticed that it is. or at least turn it off when walking out of the room to reduce recourse usage.)

There is a prison lock in the Core level and Lower level. Plus a round lock which you can get a key to in one of those other rooms.
And yes, I will fix the typos and such in the 1.3.6 update
Ah, I see. In this case I´ve reached the places you mentioned. And indeeed it's laggy, but a hard thing to fix, unless you reduce stuff 8-)
bacchus1974

Post by bacchus1974 »

i am block level 1 when i put item on altars i don t understand
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

bacchus1974 wrote:i am block level 1 when i put item on altars i don t understand
Uhm, you mean the starting area? You don't need to put anything on any altars there. Most altars are just for decoration. If you are stuck you need to search around more, finding notes is a good way to get clues on how to progress.