[mod] DawnTower - The Escape 1.3.6 Final+

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
spectre900

Re: [mod] DawnTower - The Escape 1.3.5 Final

Post by spectre900 »

eLPuSHeR wrote:This is driving me nuts. I am pulling my hair out with this puzzle. Even after getting a hint I am not able to solve it. :oops:
Stuck on the same one? O_o

Also for more hints or even solutions you can read through some of the earlier spoilers posted in this thread. Might help a bit.
eLPuSHeR

Re: [mod] DawnTower - The Escape 1.3.5 Final

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Yes, I am stuck on the same one. I think I have tried every combination known to man. It seems either I am missing something obvious or my savegame has become corrupted or something. I will check the whole thread hunting for hints.

Thanks.

EDIT:

Ok, I did it. But just by sheer luck.
SpoilerShow
It seems the puzzle needed to be "resetted" or something like that. Also no indication, you should stand on the trap after making a combination. It seemed obvious when you know it, but not very clear from starters.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
spectre900

Re: [mod] DawnTower - The Escape 1.3.6 Final+

Post by spectre900 »

Made a new update to fix a few things such as a certain puzzle with no clear direction and hopefully have also improved on performance. Should be less glitchy/flickering textures now as well.

Enjoy!
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

OMG. Now to start over.

Thanks anyway for the new release.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Well. I started from scratch.

Now I would be grateful if someone
SpoilerShow
would tell me how to operate the Stasis recharging room (or whatever is called). Just managed to activate it but I don't know how to recharge that lightning sword. There is also a button nearby that I don't know what it does either. And I am unable to open one of the square levers.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Well. I started from scratch.

Now I would be grateful if someone
SpoilerShow
would tell me how to operate the Stasis recharging room (or whatever is called). Just managed to activate it but I don't know how to recharge that lightning sword. There is also a button nearby that I don't know what it does either. And I am unable to open one of the square levers.
SpoilerShow
Wait... doesn't that room come before you get to the altar puzzle you where at last time? Anyways, the stasis chamber is made to trap and kill the ogre in case you don't have the firepower to kill him yourself (he's kinda high level).
But to activate it you must activate all four levers, then pull the fifth one to activate the stasis field once you lure him inside. After you trap him the gates to the last lever will open and you can shock him to death.

As for the lightning blade, there is a hidden room in there that will let you recharge it. (only works once tho)
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Ok. Thank you very much for your help.
SpoilerShow
I killed the ogre by brute force anyway. Too bad.
SpoilerShow
Now I am stucked at level 7: haunted halls. I am at the very beginning. I have fell through some pits and got an iron key. The problem I have is that this key doesn't unlock the nearby door. Ideas? There is also a corridor to the east, with another pit.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Ok. Thank you very much for your help.
SpoilerShow
I killed the ogre by brute force anyway. Too bad.
SpoilerShow
Now I am stucked at level 7: haunted halls. I am at the very beginning. I have fell through some pits and got an iron key. The problem I have is that this key doesn't unlock the nearby door. Ideas? There is also a corridor to the east, with another pit.
SpoilerShow
Ah, all I can say is that you will need a lot of patience in there and to keep your eyes open. As the note says the pits do open and close randomly instead of at a fixed time.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

You're in the right path. Just a matter of patience ;)
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Ok. Thank you to both of you. This mod has got clever puzzles and traps. :)
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)