[mod] DawnTower - The Escape 1.3.6 Final+

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Spathi

Re: [mod] DawnTower - The Escape 1.3.6 Final+

Post by Spathi »

Are skulls or bones useful?... last mod i played i needed them all... don't want that to happen again, lol
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

Tomb of the Shadow Clan... r u suppose to get all the white and dodge all the red... as they come out at the same time!
SpoilerShow
nvm.. dodge all, lol
shigad

Post by shigad »

is it a map or a mod that changes gameplay?
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

Spathi wrote:Are skulls or bones useful?... last mod i played i needed them all... don't want that to happen again, lol
Skulls are only useful for the Minotaur perk really. And bones are just decorative.
shigad wrote:is it a map or a mod that changes gameplay?
Depends on how you mean "changes gameplay". The core gameplay is still the same except for maybe the use of re-usable keys which add a new twist to things.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

It's possible to lock yourself into the cage in the stasis electric chamber. I managed to trying to do this puzzle which isn't needed if you manage to kill the ogre without it, some kind of note or warning that it's not a puzzle to solve other than to kill the ogre would be helpful. Anyway I managed to open the gate then stood next to it and pulled the lever which closed the gate and get locked in the cage with the lever that activates the stasis chamber. You can sneak through the door if your quick enough at pulling the lever and moving sideways, after that happens your stuck with no way out. Might be something to sort out in case others do the same stupid mistake :) LOL
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

bazzietuk wrote:It's possible to lock yourself into the cage in the stasis electric chamber. I managed to trying to do this puzzle which isn't needed if you manage to kill the ogre without it, some kind of note or warning that it's not a puzzle to solve other than to kill the ogre would be helpful. Anyway I managed to open the gate then stood next to it and pulled the lever which closed the gate and get locked in the cage with the lever that activates the stasis chamber. You can sneak through the door if your quick enough at pulling the lever and moving sideways, after that happens your stuck with no way out. Might be something to sort out in case others do the same stupid mistake :) LOL
Hmm, I see. I'll see if I can fix that somehow. Pressure plate should do the trick.
However I tested it myself and realized this can be used with certain doors as well, like snagging a key to the door just after starting to move through. Doing that will most likely get you stuck so I would not recommend it either way. =/

Also part two is partially finished. As in being in a playable and finishable state, only I don't think it's as good as part one and is lacking in creativity in some areas, although a lot of the visuals have been improved.
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

Hi am stuck on lvl 2 in the cell after transport from the gold key corridor. cannot find a way out. have reloaded several times, but no luck. hint plse??