[Models] Creepy Dungeon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Hustin

[Models] Creepy Dungeon

Post by Hustin »

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/359/?

I haven't been able to settle yet on what I want to do for another mod, so while I'm mulling things over I figured I'd post the assets I've created so far. Creepy Dungeon has a bunch of odds and ends for giving your mod a, well, creepy feel. It also has a tiny sample dungeon with a couple of levels which is really just my workshop for trying out the assets. There isn't anything to be afraid of unless you fear snails, but it's enough to get a feel for it and see what's included. I've sprinkled notes here and there as creative inspiration for any would-be modders.

Mod and source at the link. Happy modding!
Mysterious

Re: [Models] Creepy Dungeon

Post by Mysterious »

Hi hustin.

The Creepy Model Set is very good, ilove it and have already incorporated into my Dungeon. :)

What I don't understand is how the Trap system in your Test Mod works, I really do want to learn how it works. I have checked the Script Files out but I cant make sense of it. Is it possible to get the Test Mod you made with an example on the Traps working or a Text file on how to make it work??

Thank you for the new models hope to see more from you.. :)
BuzzJ

Post by BuzzJ »

Is it possible to make the glyphs not rotate to face the player? Kind of stationary like a wall or door in its facing?
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Hi again.. :)

No I did not mean the glyphs I meant the other trap objects in the Test Mod like the floor and walls trap objects, sorry should have been more specific. EG:

Trap.lua file has the Trap objects but I am not sure how these objects work together in a Dungeon, how they are placed or connected to each other or what sets the Traps of. I am still new to this environment and learning. LOL.

Thank you for reply and I am really enjoying this Set.. :)
Hustin

Post by Hustin »

There are no traps for the glyphs. I was just hinting that they could be turned into traps if you script them. trap.lua has my floor spike trap and mechanisms for setting it off.
Last edited by Hustin on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hustin

Post by Hustin »

BuzzJ wrote:Is it possible to make the glyphs not rotate to face the player? Kind of stationary like a wall or door in its facing?
I wish I could. They're particle objects and the game always rotates them to face the player.
maneus

Post by maneus »

Hustin wrote:
BuzzJ wrote:Is it possible to make the glyphs not rotate to face the player? Kind of stationary like a wall or door in its facing?
I wish I could. They're particle objects and the game always rotates them to face the player.
You can make a plane vertical surface or something like that as an "Decoration". Texture it with your glyph and use Alpha Channel on the texture to make the area around the glyph invisible.
BuzzJ

Post by BuzzJ »

Because I was going to say, I don't know if the Black Crypt mod is still operational, but thats sort of what the Glyph Traps were like.
THOM

Post by THOM »

As far as I can see, no one has ever converted these assets for Grimrock II. I did, but I only want to publish it if I have the author's permission.

@Hustin I've sent you a PM. When you read it you maybe like to answer? Would make me happy.

Or if anyone else knows how to contact him, I would be delighted, too.
THOM formaly known as tschrage